• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable Blackrock Mountain and Dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible but I wish to make a playable terrain like that in Wow. Would that be possible at all?
Yes ==> see this:
WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsAlliance002.jpg

WoWBattleofAzeroth-ScreenshotsHorde002.jpg

Level 14
Almost anything is possible. But keep in mind somethings are very very difficult. Specifically having multiple layers of a map where units can walk through a passage below and a walkway above simultaneously. As long as you don't try to terrain them exactly like they are in WoW then you should be able to do quite a bit. There are tons on great skins and models if you look around.

Level 8
What I have in mind is a map with two instances. Where part of the map is the Blackrock Mountain with terrain doodads and buildings - the other part is Blackrock Spire and Blackwing Lair inside. Players should be able to enter from the balcony where Nefario is or through the gate->Blackrock Spire->Blackwing Lair. I'm just trying to figure out a way like it feels like the dungeons in WoW, but still without being exact copy of it.
In WoW it's like a mixture of Moria, Mount Doom and Barad-dur (though it's not a citadel just a complex of tunnels.)

Status
Not open for further replies.