1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Platform Escape 2.01s

Submitted by gameslayer001
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Just like any other maze, platform style~!
===========
Use the arrow keys to move your unit through the levels.
Other Controls will be explained in game.
===========
Pretend the game is 2d, which means the camera will face directly down, and the perspective will be of that from a 2d game.
===========
I thought it was a neat concept, try it out for yourselves.
===========
Commands:

+Red Only+
-kill [color] (Kills the unit color)
-kick [color] (Kicks the player color)

+Everyone+
-view xxxx (Sets the camera distance from unit to fit the player's need)
-continues (Shows the amount of continues the players have)
-watch [color] (Locks the camera to that player unit color. Must be dead in order to perform this command)
-unwatch (Unlocks the camera if command -watch was used)
-die (Suicide)

===========
The game starts out with 20 continues. There are secret continues hidden about the levels, and every time everyone dies the level restarts with one less continue.
===========
3 Parts with 3 Bosses
===========
The game also has a few special objects the players have to use in order to beat the level.
The Special Objects consist of...
-Springs
-Reverse Gravity Totem
-Disappearing Springs
-Switches
-Copter (DK Barrel related)

Other objects include...
-Warps
-Disappearing Terrain
===========

Well, was that explaining enough?! TRY IT OUT!!!..

Keywords:
Platform, Escape, Maze, Fun, 2D, Arrow Keys
Contents

Platform Escape 2.01s (Map)

Reviews
19:18, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. TM-Magic

TM-Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On a map like this you want to cut lag/delay as much as humanly possible. Not showing part of it may cut it back a bit, but removing units/creating them when units get there would cut it down a lot more. That and removing the doodads.

Anyways it's been a while. I hope he makes at least some progress.

2. Eccho

Eccho

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I believe it does leak some too, but I am not certain of this. I happend to know the creator pretty well, Ill ask him if he plans for an update.

3. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a very fun game me and a few friends were addicted for awhile ( we gave up at like ice 5 or something i forgot)

This is a very fun game i think and recreates mazes in my opinion

I give 5/5

4. GG_Vampire

GG_Vampire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hi
    me and my friends really like this game
    but i think that there could be something like training mode :D
    or something like that,
    something like -testmode in DotA
    thx =]

5. manstie

manstie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you kick someone without killing them first, the level doesn't restart even though everyone is "dead".

You should remove all the units in the previous levels to reduce potential lag.

You should order the units in the next level to move to reduce potential lag for all the units moving at the same time.

With the snake part leading up to the level 1 boss, you should kill the trigger after everyone has died, for when I have been playing, there had been many continues wasted on that part, so the trigger is running about 5 times and that ended up in delay for the host (me).

I once encountered a bug with the level 1 boss where it kept automatically getting hit and we weren't hitting it.

The part near the last boss, where you get Gryphon cannons + dizzy ghosts, you should stop the animation of the "dizzy spell" being cast because the animation makes it hard to see where the gryphon is facing.

On the last boss, I think, players shouldn't be able to get hit when in the gryphon cannon.

6. unpro

unpro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh god the creator of this epic map is ALSO you?! I completed* a cheated version of this map where there were 500 continues. It took us slightly over 2000 deaths to complete it :grin:

I agree with all of manstie's post except for the last two points. But honestly, you have already spent much time on this, if you only add one thing please let it be the kick someone w/o killing them first bug.

There's two bugs not mentioned in this thread, one of which can be used to skip levels, so I will not reveal it. The other is kinda humorous. Do this at the winning stage for best effect: Hold right arrow key, press F10, release right arrow key, press F10, repeat as many times as possible xD. Best with a script(I used autohotkey).

Thanks for making this awesome map!

*skipped the gryphon-only stage using the bug, wayyy too impossible to complete.

7. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a fun mini-game sort of thing. Enough said.

Rating: 4/5

8. Glica

Glica

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Edit: nevermind, my bad.

9. blancsoir

blancsoir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you may have been alerted that someone was stealing your map preview and I am here to clarify: that is not so.

I have always uploaded my map under its own image, but for some reason your map preview picture appeared for my last upload. This was not my intentions and I have changed it.

10. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Yea Delay and lagg destroy the game...maybe optimize coding?
    Anyway there is a bug if some1 leaves who is not dead, and all others die, they dont revive, just nothing happens at all.
    A simple workaround would a command like -restart oder so be,
    with which red could restart the current lvl(all die)
    Nevertheless this rules, 5/5

11. bberni

bberni

Resources:
    Resources:
    Geat! Not like all other escapes, those aren't bad but your map is better :)

12. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reached final boss. it has 7 lives? How do we even damage it.
    Sometimes we get stuck in middle when respawn from death of all players.
    well damage it by using gryffin shooting player to top fire.
    the scoreboard didn't update the health damaged in my game, so it's kinda buggy until we killed it, it has 7 lives.
    definitely worth 5.0 rating though!

13. theblitched

theblitched

Resources:
    Resources:

You made it to the last boss? Thats crazy! :goblin_yeah:
    This escape is one of the best there is.

14. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gameslayer, are you still working on this map at all? This game is really good but there are some problems, for example the huge level with the randomize gyrphons is kind of unfair. There are also some bugs and some bonuses that are impossible to get currently, so I'd just like to know if there will ever be another ver.

Rated 5/5 though, really unique game.

15. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    I agree, the gryphons always sucked hard, but they are not randomized.
    Other than that tho, where do you see impossible bonuses?
    We played this through 2-3 times and got all bonuses.
    We played on a version with 100 lives tho.

16. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, in the "Extreme" hacked ver or w/e, all are possible. In the legitimate version, there are some bonuses blocked off by solid walls that you can't get to without cheating (pause glitch).

Speaking of glitches, the pause glitch can allow you to do the game way too easily. I beat it in around 10-15 minutes game-time. (you can move red while paused)

Some of the gryphons are random; they just patrol back and forth and face random directions on the way.

17. Seth

Seth

Resources:
    Resources:
    +1 for the Chaos Faction bgm
    +1 for the 2D mechanism
    by the way, can't believe none of you post it yet, or maybe its just version 2.5 ultimate..., hold > arrow key, which is when you're moving to the right, don't let it go, tap < arrow key continuous, enjoy the potential momentum glitch. LOOOOL

18. Eikonium

Eikonium

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is by far the best esacape I ever played.
    Definitely 5/5.

The only downside is that it features (like most escape maps) a life system with far too less lives. I personally can't enjoy playing the first levels of the map over and over again, because I lost again my remaining 20 lives at a single difficult edge in a later part of the map.
    Difficult parts are nice, but I don't want to spend another 30 minutes to get there, after I died at it for the 1000th time.

So, if there is any chance that the author will read this:
    Please enable the option to have more than 25 lives (probably infinite, its difficult enough though), or enable level save codes, or something similiar.

It would definitely be less frustrating and even more entertaining.

I would give you a 6/5 then.

19. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is a (hacked) version, Platform Escape Extreme 2.5 that has infinite lives and few other level changes if you want. Looks, sadly, like GameSlayer left wc3, so I doubt he'll do any more updates.

20. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Yes he is gone. The bug only appears in the (inferior) hacked version.

I attached a vanilla version with the only changes being:
    -50 starting lives
    -10 extra lives per Lightning

We were able to kill the last boss with those extra lives

Attached Files: