1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Platform Escape 2.01s

Submitted by gameslayer001
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Just like any other maze, platform style~!
===========
Use the arrow keys to move your unit through the levels.
Other Controls will be explained in game.
===========
Pretend the game is 2d, which means the camera will face directly down, and the perspective will be of that from a 2d game.
===========
I thought it was a neat concept, try it out for yourselves.
===========
Commands:

+Red Only+
-kill [color] (Kills the unit color)
-kick [color] (Kicks the player color)

+Everyone+
-view xxxx (Sets the camera distance from unit to fit the player's need)
-continues (Shows the amount of continues the players have)
-watch [color] (Locks the camera to that player unit color. Must be dead in order to perform this command)
-unwatch (Unlocks the camera if command -watch was used)
-die (Suicide)

===========
The game starts out with 20 continues. There are secret continues hidden about the levels, and every time everyone dies the level restarts with one less continue.
===========
3 Parts with 3 Bosses
===========
The game also has a few special objects the players have to use in order to beat the level.
The Special Objects consist of...
-Springs
-Reverse Gravity Totem
-Disappearing Springs
-Switches
-Copter (DK Barrel related)

Other objects include...
-Warps
-Disappearing Terrain
===========

Well, was that explaining enough?! TRY IT OUT!!!..

Keywords:
Platform, Escape, Maze, Fun, 2D, Arrow Keys
Contents

Platform Escape 2.01s (Map)

Reviews
19:18, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lul, try change the Wisp with a sheep, which you have pitched -90.
    That way, it will look like its a sheep that jumping around :D

I love the game! Serious!
    You should add more Doodads, thou, to give the feeling, that its a Platform.
    You could add 'Table-no-legs' In different Sizes to the black marble.

2. TM-Magic

TM-Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd have to agree with blood. At first I really didn't see how doodads could possibly be incorporated, but that's a fine idea. Add a little dept to it.

And why r u so lazy all of a sudden xD

3. gameslayer001

gameslayer001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea lol sorry, been so busy around here.. i added in some doodads and ill add in some more over the weekend and upload it soon.

4. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is really good!
    A nice, fun map, though the triangular-based terrain does lead to a few strange clipping issues, but this doesnt matter!
    5/5

5. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    When all lives are over, you should just reset the game (To first 'save' in your lvl, or total game).

Its just pretty annoying to restart the game, when you lose.

6. TM-Magic

TM-Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For lack of better words, version 2.0.....SUCKS. Idk if it's bugged or if its because of the terrain or what, but it lags a lot more for everyone...and the doodads just get in the way :/. Ended up reverting back to 1.9 because no one liked it.
    Also you should really think turning off parts of the map when they're not in use, I mean removing moving objects and putting them in when the area is in use...I know it would be a lot of annoying work, but it would make it that much better :/

7. gameslayer001

gameslayer001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thats real nice of you...

8. aaron

aaron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    lol raging speed horn i like your picture

9. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree, i tried this map, with the moderator Pyritie, and it lagged like hell, i tought it was the computer, or the distance, but if other people has same problems, i suggest you to find the source of the lagg, and terminate it.
    (By the way, how come you have that much neg rep?)

10. gameslayer001

gameslayer001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i dunno, i got -2 for double post i didnt even do, then i called the guy a noob, then i got -12 and -3 for getting mad at the criticism.. blah..

11. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one of the best and hardest map I've played. And +rep for u, hope u get out of "neg rep" status soon.

Yes, the guy is pretty right in changing the Wisp. And as I noticed, the 2.0 version have a little delay in controlling even in Single Player, which make it even harder for timing. While the older versions perform perfectly.

12. gameslayer001

gameslayer001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks you for that Zenerik :). And yeah, the delay has gone up a little, ; /. ill add in something later to fix that some, but thanks for the feedback

13. Eccho

Eccho

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, from actually losing interest in the most mazes on wc3 this one was actually enjoyable to play and fairly unique. Good job.

14. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still think you should add 'remaking' till it. So when you lost all 20 chances, you will restart from lvl X-1.
    Like If your still in 'fire' level, you would restart from the far start. And if you reached ice, you would start at the start of ice.

15. gameslayer001

gameslayer001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah ok that makes sense TheBlooddancer, but im not home, and i dont have the map, haha. D:

16. cazador

cazador

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very cool & fun map, I know that it can't be easy to make, so you expended many hours of hard work on it!

I'm a escape/maze lover and I grant you that this one will be one of the bigs of this time.

I give a 7.75/10 (3.875/5) to the version that I played, 2.01s

I think that you can work a lot of more on it, adding a lot of details like put a custom loading screen image or other details, like the already said, and try to make it perfect.

17. TM-Magic

TM-Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So...whats up. Did you remove the doodads yet? I've been waiting to play 2.01 and see what the map differences are if there are any, but I can't get anywhere due to the doodad lag :/

18. RaidonGod

RaidonGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have a little request...^^

could you make for every part of this map visibility modifires! if you see the whole map and the animations it lag extremly...Im not sure but I think it is the reason^^
    you can use a delay reducer of coures :p I know, I use one :lol:

anyway... veeeeery nice work man 5/5 :grin:

19. TM-Magic

TM-Magic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not the visibility of it all, even if you can't see it it's still going on. It's the fact that there are so many moving parts/trigger related stuff going on all at one time.

I've already requested that he fix it..that was back in 1.8 and it's still not fixed. I think we have a lazy one ;)

20. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The reason the map lags is that the total map is visible all the time.
    Well kinda.

So add some triggers to only display the current 'level'.