• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Platform Escape 2.01s

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Just like any other maze, platform style~!
===========
Use the arrow keys to move your unit through the levels.
Other Controls will be explained in game.
===========
Pretend the game is 2d, which means the camera will face directly down, and the perspective will be of that from a 2d game.
===========
I thought it was a neat concept, try it out for yourselves.
===========
Commands:

+Red Only+
-kill [color] (Kills the unit color)
-kick [color] (Kicks the player color)

+Everyone+
-view xxxx (Sets the camera distance from unit to fit the player's need)
-continues (Shows the amount of continues the players have)
-watch [color] (Locks the camera to that player unit color. Must be dead in order to perform this command)
-unwatch (Unlocks the camera if command -watch was used)
-die (Suicide)

===========
The game starts out with 20 continues. There are secret continues hidden about the levels, and every time everyone dies the level restarts with one less continue.
===========
3 Parts with 3 Bosses
===========
The game also has a few special objects the players have to use in order to beat the level.
The Special Objects consist of...
-Springs
-Reverse Gravity Totem
-Disappearing Springs
-Switches
-Copter (DK Barrel related)

Other objects include...
-Warps
-Disappearing Terrain
===========

Well, was that explaining enough?! TRY IT OUT!!!..

Keywords:
Platform, Escape, Maze, Fun, 2D, Arrow Keys
Contents

Platform Escape 2.01s (Map)

Reviews
19:18, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 23
Yea Delay and lagg destroy the game...maybe optimize coding?
Anyway there is a bug if some1 leaves who is not dead, and all others die, they dont revive, just nothing happens at all.
A simple workaround would a command like -restart oder so be,
with which red could restart the current lvl(all die)
Nevertheless this rules, 5/5

Level 7
Reached final boss. it has 7 lives? How do we even damage it.
Sometimes we get stuck in middle when respawn from death of all players.
well damage it by using gryffin shooting player to top fire.
the scoreboard didn't update the health damaged in my game, so it's kinda buggy until we killed it, it has 7 lives.
definitely worth 5.0 rating though!

Level 2
Reached final boss. it has 7 lives? How do we even damage it.
Sometimes we get stuck in middle when respawn from death of all players.
well damage it by using gryffin shooting player to top fire.
the scoreboard didn't update the health damaged in my game, so it's kinda buggy until we killed it, it has 7 lives.
definitely worth 5.0 rating though!

You made it to the last boss? Thats crazy! :goblin_yeah:
This escape is one of the best there is.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Gameslayer, are you still working on this map at all? This game is really good but there are some problems, for example the huge level with the randomize gyrphons is kind of unfair. There are also some bugs and some bonuses that are impossible to get currently, so I'd just like to know if there will ever be another ver.

Rated 5/5 though, really unique game.

Level 23
there are some problems, for example the huge level with the randomize gyrphons is kind of unfair. There are also some bugs and some bonuses that are impossible to get currently

I agree, the gryphons always sucked hard, but they are not randomized.
Other than that tho, where do you see impossible bonuses?
We played this through 2-3 times and got all bonuses.
We played on a version with 100 lives tho.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yeah, in the "Extreme" hacked ver or w/e, all are possible. In the legitimate version, there are some bonuses blocked off by solid walls that you can't get to without cheating (pause glitch).

Speaking of glitches, the pause glitch can allow you to do the game way too easily. I beat it in around 10-15 minutes game-time. (you can move red while paused)

Some of the gryphons are random; they just patrol back and forth and face random directions on the way.

Level 3
+1 for the Chaos Faction bgm
+1 for the 2D mechanism
by the way, can't believe none of you post it yet, or maybe its just version 2.5 ultimate..., hold > arrow key, which is when you're moving to the right, don't let it go, tap < arrow key continuous, enjoy the potential momentum glitch. LOOOOL

Level 20
This is by far the best esacape I ever played.
Definitely 5/5.

The only downside is that it features (like most escape maps) a life system with far too less lives. I personally can't enjoy playing the first levels of the map over and over again, because I lost again my remaining 20 lives at a single difficult edge in a later part of the map.
Difficult parts are nice, but I don't want to spend another 30 minutes to get there, after I died at it for the 1000th time.

So, if there is any chance that the author will read this:
Please enable the option to have more than 25 lives (probably infinite, its difficult enough though), or enable level save codes, or something similiar.

It would definitely be less frustrating and even more entertaining.

I would give you a 6/5 then.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

There is a (hacked) version, Platform Escape Extreme 2.5 that has infinite lives and few other level changes if you want. Looks, sadly, like GameSlayer left wc3, so I doubt he'll do any more updates.

Level 7
OK then, lets try your version.
EDIT: I played the origninal platform excape some months ago. I played Frotty's map and i felt that the ball was less elastic??? Just felt like that. Liked the +10 lives/lightning.

Last edited:
Level 20
Is something wrong with Frottys version?

I tried to play it, but warcraft just does not see the map, although it is clearly stored in the maps - download folder.

I remember that some old maps behaved like that, after patch 1.24 came up.
But lokharke seems to be able to play it, that's strange. :(

Am I missing something?

Level 23
Is something wrong with Frottys version?

I tried to play it, but warcraft just does not see the map, although it is clearly stored in the maps - download folder.

I remember that some old maps behaved like that, after patch 1.24 came up.
But lokharke seems to be able to play it, that's strange. :(

Am I missing something?

Are you sure it's not showing up?
Remember that I can't change the Szenario-name and it will still be displayed as just 2.01s (without the x).
If it still doesn't work you can try shortening the mapname and removing all spaces, maybe it will help.

To be very sure, create a new empty folder in maps and only put my version of PE in it.

EDIT: I played the origninal platform excape some months ago. I played Frotty's map and i felt that the ball was less elastic??? Just felt like that. Liked the +10 lives/lightning.

Nothing else of the code was changed, your memory fooled you !:grin:

Level 7
Are you sure it's not showing up?
Remember that I can't change the Szenario-name and it will still be displayed as just 2.01s (without the x).
If it still doesn't work you can try shortening the mapname and removing all spaces, maybe it will help.

To be very sure, create a new empty folder in maps and only put my version of PE in it.

Nothing else of the code was changed, your memory fooled you !:grin:

Ya, I got rusty :)