• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planes of Cacti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Whoa, that's a lot of Cactus! My poor computer wouldn't be able to handle all that in such a small area. It is kind of cool. Is there cactus even behind the hills where we can't see?

Level 1
Wow man this is sick, I would have never have thought of something like this. This would look alot nicer with the ideas Craka_J gave you though.

`~BiG_PuN~`

Yep, there is cacti stretching beyond the hills!

Sadly I cannot update the pictures as the map was unsaveable due to doodad limit being broken by 3-4 thousand. Some rocks and other small details would probably have improved the front, I just didn't think of it at the time, it was very late :)

@Gilles - My computer could hardly handle it either, I had to hide the doodads every time I wanted to change camera view and could only place more doodads in masses by copy/paste because it lagged too much for single placement :D

Level 34
That's exactly what I did for a terrain I was doing, it was going to be rolling hills with grass covering them (The animated ones), but I gave up. :sad:

Level 4
Numbers mean nothing if you set the brush to max and panned the mouse around. thats not placing things carefully, thats just sheet fire.
sorry about the typo btw, I knew if I left it there you would use it against me

Level 36
Lol, never knew that the plural from of cactus is cacti. What a funny word :grin:

It isn't. :xxd:
It's cactus.

Hate to sound rude, but it looks to me like you put a few hills and then placed a cactus.. Not amused.

I don't like flamers. I don't think others do either. Maybe that is why I have 11 posts and 6 rep and you have 68 and 0.

Level 34
I don't like flamers. I don't think others do either. Maybe that is why I have 11 posts and 6 rep and you have 68 and 0.

He didn't really flame. It was just his opinion. If he were to say...

Ur terrain sux, you suk, give up!

That would be flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.