• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Placing units and other objects "smoothly" like doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there!

I would like to know, if there is a way to place units or destructibles as smoothly as doodads. What I mean by this is that it seems to me that whenever I want to place a unit it follows the grid squares on the ground. Is there any way to to turn this off and place them or move them without following the alignment of the grid?

Level 14
A unit shouldn't snap to the grid like that, but as far as I know there is no way to prevent destructibles from doing that. If your units are doing that it might mean that they have a pathing map. Be sure to set their Pathing - Pathing map to NONE and just give them a collision size.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Adding locust to each of those units is good for what I think you want.

If you want units to be like for instance, a shrub - then you can place them anywhere?
Locust makes them un-interactive to players, but they still behave like units and you can place
them pretty much anywhere.

Add Locust to their ability either manually or through triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.