• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pikmin-Type Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I'm trying to make a pikmin map, i have already requested model, but I need some help with spells.

Jumping Attack: In Pikmin, there is an enemy called a Wollywog (Frog) that jumps and squishes pikmin. Any idea to tweak the jump spell so it is an attack that kills anything underneath it? Unit Spell

Confusion Gasses: Another enemy (Puffstool) uses some gas it spews out every once in a while to turn your pikmin against you but wears off. Any idea how to do this? Unit Auto-Cast Spell.

Poisonous Trail: The Smokey Progg In Pikmin leaves behind a trail of poison. Any idea how to make it so if you walk over it you take damage? Passive Unit Spell

Enhanced Devour: Devour that can eat multiple things at a time and is auto casted with a 7 second cooldown.

Fire Immunity: In Pikmin Red Pikmin are immune to fire, anyway to make this possible?

Swimming Ability: Blue Pikmin Can Swim, but others can't and drown upon entering water, how do I do this?

Shock Proof: Yellow Pikmin can't be zapped by electricity, I figure I can just tweak Fire Immunity. If I can't post here why not.

Poisen Resistant: White Pikmin are immune to poisen, and only poisen. I think you know what's next (Similar to fire immune and shock proof)

Blasts of Air: Puffy Blowhogs blow very powerful air in a wide AOE (no damage) at you which lifts your pikmin away. Auto-Cast Cooldown = 9 Sec

Nocturnal: Most of the larger creatures of pikmin are nocturnal. How can I make it so they sleep during the day, but awaken at night?

Bomb Rock Throw: Item Spell. How can I make it so it throws a bomb rock that does AOE damage that hurts ANYTHING in the AOE?

Thank you if you help. All credit will be given To you if you help of course (CUZ I DIDN'T DO IT!) Well good luck!

Level 9
1) Use the new damage functions.
2) Check out Vexorian's Enrage map.
3) Try the Factory ability.
4) I think that you can alter the maximum units allowed in the spell. Trigger the Devour.
5) Detect when a unit starts casting a spell. If the spell is equal to one of the fire spells and the target is fire immune, add back the damage and remove the buff.
6) Make them Amphibous. Create regions over your water. When a unit enters them and that unit is not equal to the blue guy, kill it.
7) See 5.
8) See 5.
9) Use a cmbination of my Charge ability and Vexorian's Final Slam and Upercut ability.
10) Attach the sleep model. Pause the unit.
11) Trigger the damage.

~The_Raven

Level 4
And again, The_Raven saves the day. But there are some things I don't understand about what you said.

What is the new damage function?

What do you mean factory spell?

Anyway thanks, if anyone else can help (Vexorian, Shig, Darky) please post.

Level 9
The Unit - Damage Unit function in the new 1.17 patch damages units, but also takes into account bounty and armor.

The Pocket Factory has a spell that spawns units periodically. If you set the spawn to a very small amount and change the spawned unit to a dummy unit, you could make it look like its creating a trail. Use triggers to pick every unit near the dummy units and cast a poison spell.

~The_Raven

Level 5
lol i was just thinking about making a pikman map as i was playing it the other day.(haven't tryed the new one yet)

First the new damage function is in the new Patch "Damage Target" "Damage Area", and the factory spell raven was talking about is the Pocket factor(i think)

For the bomb rock i would use the Cluster Rocket and Change it to one missle and change the targets, unless you want it to count down like in the game, Vex has made some bomb items in some of his maps that count down.

The_Raven has alrdy sumed up what you need to do with the others.

If you still need help i might be able to make a small sample map that has some of these things in it and e-mail it to you, but i don't know how fast i could get it done(school start tomarow and my new part time job starts this thursday)

Status
Not open for further replies.