• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pikmin Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay... I've been inactive for a while trying to think of a good project idea (I thought battleships, TD, the whole nine) and I think I've finally got it. A Pikmin game/map/mod (W/E you wanna call it). So basically now I'm just trying to see if any models/maps have already been made and to no prevail. So now I'm curious to see if anybody has or knows of models/maps that are pikmin related. What I'm gonna try and do is make a sequel seeing as to how Nintendo doesn't plan on it anytime soon. But yeah, I figured this could fit under maps, models, console discussion, but I felt requests was the most fit. If my thoughts work out properly I might also look for a small team simply because I find making a map by ones self very restrictive and time consuming. Also my skills are not what they could be cuz I have absolutley no friggin' clue about how variables work (tutorial didn't help...:hohum:). So as I said this is more of a roughdraft idea and I would appreciate some help. I also suck at finding stuff so if you come up with it in one day please don' be like "Dude how could you not find this... blah blah blah."
Thanks in advance!:thumbs_up:

Level 4
Aye that I would be. I was going to post pictures, but it was late and... -.- But yeah those are them. I personally enjoyed the game for the originality and change of pace from the basic game. There's just always been something about the game that's intrigued me and if you really think about it the game had a sort of Bioshock/nightmarish feel to it. And seeing as to how WC3 is a unit control game it would fit in perfectly with the controls of the game. Thanks for the pics Total.

Level 12
Yeah... I thought about this...

Since Pikmin arent 100% available you could do Elementals instead
And instead of Olimar... you'd have Brewmaster (since this is obviously a halicination...)

If you don't get the models... the map may still be fun..

hERES A CRAPPY CONCEPT MAP for you to get a hang of what you'd need to do...

I had the Attack to Spell working fine when I made it Healing ward...
-Then I chAnged it to Farsight... and I got too lazy to chang eit back....

EIther way.... Hope you get the hang of Improvising with good map ideas

If you need help, PM me... I might not look at this thread again...
-I'll do little tidbits here and there... but I may or may not be able to spend tons of efort on it...

If you need something completed... PM me and I'll see what I can do....

Attachments

• Pikmin Concept Map.w3x
    19.3 KB · Views: 105
Level 22
Well...

Since you've been so polite, I think i'll just throw my unfinished map in your direction, complete with it's little models i made back when i was a newbie.
Have fun, And i want to play ASAP

All I ask is that you credit me if you use those models, Feel free to learn from the triggers or even use them.

<3 pikmin FOREVAR!!!

Last edited:
Level 4
lol thank you all, I'll take a look at the maps when I get a chance and try and get the hang of everything (being every good map is cracked with that thing so as not to have the map edited, which means I can't learn from the triggers used) and yes Total I did +rep you for helping out. I'll get to work tomorow when it's not *looks at clock* 11:00 P.M. So once again thank you and I'll see what I can do to continue this fantastic trilogy!
Edit: And before I forget... *adds to everybody elses rep*

Last edited:
Level 4
Lord_T is it possible that you post the models here, please?

That sounds good to me.:thumbs_up:

But that's not up to me. If Lord_T does not wish to do so then so be it, seeing as to how somebody could submit them and take credit. Hey, why don't you post 'um on that WC3 site or here even (so long as they meet the quality requirements:grin: I would think they do seeing as to how Pikmin are really simple creatures)

Level 4
Yeah, I did the voice of Olimar.. I'll upload them to this topic.... but they're def. Not qualified to be in the database.
Would you like me to extract the voices and upload them too?

I, personally, only need the models but if somebody stumbles across this forum and they would like the voices... well ya know lol. So yeah, do so if you wish, but it's up to you once again.:thumbs_up:

BTW I'm working on the concept at the moment. I'm thinking about making it a series, but we'll see. I might make 1 big map with different areas or I'll make a new map for every area. Either way... I'll try and keep this forum up to date with my progress too just incase I need a bit of help or sumthin'. (Because as I said Me= terrible at variables and such)

Level 4
I don't think it has anything to do with this topic. Did Lord_T send you Olimar?

Ummm... okay, and no sir he did no such thing yet. I'm in no rush at the moment though, at the moment I'm looking for suitible spaceships for them. I tried using the Rocket model, but because it's a spell model it glitches. Oh and I have finally completed the basic storyline: Olimar and Louie have been sent back to "the mysterious planet" (i.e. Earth) and are now set on aquiring specimins of all organisms as to bring back and run diagnostics on. These reaserches are being held so that the "mysterious planet" may be freely colonized by Olimar's people.
That's the story at the moment. I'm scared that Nintendo is going to announce Pikmin 3 before I finish though, seeing as to how Rare has just re-awakened the classic series Banjo Kazooie and are now working on the third real game (being in the GBA ones the main enemy (Gruntilda) is a robot and she is a skeletn in this one again (same as in 2nd, but now she's only a skull) I've been reading reviews/previews on it like crazy, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.