• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Piggy Pilot

All those who told their mums that they would do the dishes when pigs fly, should look away.
I suddenly felt like making something for Modeling Mini-contest #1 so I tried to think of something small and funny. Here's the result.
Full animation set for both walking and flying form. If you use the Storm Crow abillity for the morphing you should set the casting time to 0.3 seconds and leave the rest unchanged (appart from units, icons and tooltips)

Give credits if you use it and yada yada.

UPDATE: Fixed the wing folding so now it looks a little better. Also fixed the but and a little calculation error of mine.

Keywords:
Pig, Flying, Piggy, Dirt, Goo, Mud, Stinky, Crap, Feathers, Air, Fart, Gas, Smoke, Wings, phail
Contents

Piggy Pilot (Model)

Reviews
22:35, 17th Sep 2009 Rizz_Boomer: well i would approve it, but you need to fix the randomly dissappearing Portrait. havent found anything else so far Approved 3/5 The Animations looks a bit weird, but i can approve it now. Works good and...

M

22:35, 17th Sep 2009
Rizz_Boomer:
well i would approve it, but you need to fix the randomly dissappearing Portrait.

havent found anything else so far

Approved 3/5
The Animations looks a bit weird, but i can approve it now.
Works good and stable.

Level 9
Here's my story of "Piggy, the Piloterate"

Many years ago, there were flying sheep. These sheep were the result of sheep's mating with fellow eagles. These sheep could be hatched from eggs as a result. However, unknown to mankind, there was a certain creature that could be born. It was born from the birth of the pig and the condor. This creature had been called Piggy by a scientist. The only one of its kind, Piggy had sought to find a future. He traveled the world on a journey to find a mate. On his way around the world, he met an eagle. To him, the eagle said "Hello fellow winged creature! Would you like me as a mate?". As a response, Piggy said, "Begone evil creature before I strike you down! Besides, your ugly!". As a backfire, the eagle told him, "Beware pig, if you don't mate soon, you'll be sorry!". Then Piggy flew around the world looking. On his way, he saw a condor. "Hello flying creature! Mate with me!". As a response, he told her, "No way you ugly crow! Your uglier than an eagle! Begone before I run you down!". Back to him, the eagle said, "Beware pig, if you don't find a mate, you'll be sorry!". Piggy kept flying and flying until he saw a glimpse. Downwards, he saw a beautiful creature. He got closer and closer, and saw a pig. To her he said, "Oh sweet beautiful creature! Please be my mate!". To him as a response, the pig told him, "Oh I would love to be your mate!". However, at the finish of that sentence, a gun was fired, and that was the end of Piggy, the Piggy Pilot, the first and last flying pig of the world.

Still, love the model. It gave me a story idea and its original. 5/5 but could be improved in some little ways. But, the little improvements would increase its size. Still, fix the mouth UW.

Level 28
Callahan said:
You should UW a proper mouth texture rather than plain black.
cookies4you said:
Still, fix the mouth UW.

Well I'd have to make a custom texture for that and it's not one of my strengths. And no I can't just make another peice of mesh cause there's a 128 face limit in the contest I made it for.

anarchianbedlam said:
Cool model, nice concept, but it looks like he is making a tent out of his wings

Well that is also caused by the face limit. I can't really come up with any other way for him to fold his wings so that it becomes practical for him. He folds his wings so that they wont be in the way when he's not flying.

Level 11
You rate the model by how it looks, animates, and size, not by usefulness....

Well I have seen it all, pigs can fly after all, and people wondered how H1N1 got outside of Mexico.... it's now time to grab your cabines and start shooting them out of the sky lol.

As far as this goes it's a simple boar from WC3 attached with I think seagul wings, but hey atleast it looks good, animations... it's flapping what else should it do? Death? BOOM HEADSHOT nuff said. 3.5/5 for me.

Level 28
As far as this goes it's a simple boar from WC3 attached with I think seagul wings, but hey atleast it looks good, animations... it's flapping what else should it do? Death? BOOM HEADSHOT nuff said. 3.5/5 for me.

Actually it's a scratch made pig with custom wings from the GryphonRider texture.
And Piggy is also the one and only flying pig so don't shoot him down.

EDIT: Updated. Hopefully the portrait works properly now. It worked for me so I'll hope for the best.

Last edited: