• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pigeon

Yes. Pigeon.

Version 1.0Released.
ZibTObS.png

Tags: Pigeon, Bird, Burd, Chicken, EasterChicken
Contents

BTNPigeon (Icon)

Pigeon (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
We now have an April Fool's Skin for a critter converting the chicken into a Pigeon which is pretty unique. The Good: I was saying before about you trying different texture variations and you seem to have taken that onboard with this skin as I don't...

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
This is the most useful texture ever seen. It reminds you of the times when pigeons use their special attack ability, costing just 2 mana, to poop out of the sky and get everyone's head dirty.
Or when your car is full of garbage and stinks because of the swarm attack, that's the ultimate ability.
We need models for these too, please.

Level 15
Well, well, well... if it isn't the adorable, friendly, filthy, resiliant, overbreeding, and urban winged-rat we all know and see in our everyday lives--a pigeon! Although it can't fly (yet), it fits and suits perfectly in every human city and town... and will be extremely useful.
t2033.gif

latest

"Hello there, mates! I'm new to Warcraft. Now, don't be afraid, I've got a doctor's note!"

We now have an April Fool's Skin for a critter converting the chicken into a Pigeon which is pretty unique.

The Good:
I was saying before about you trying different texture variations and you seem to have taken that onboard with this skin as I don't think you've ever done something like this before trying to create a feathery look. For starters it definitely looks like a pigeon and the wings look great as well as the eyes and beak and the nice colour gradient of the neck. There's good choice of colour tones and the skin as a whole looks really good.

Areas for Improvement:
This texture seems to have a distinct lack of what I'd call macro shading which becomes apparent when looking at the texture on the model. Areas like the insides of the leg, the parts beneath the wings and areas of the neck lack the shading we'd expect to see. Areas on the head and body lack some of the highlights we'd also expect to see. The feather detailing at the back of the body also looks a bit lacking which is surprising as you've done it really well on so many of the other places like the neck and wings.

Conclusion:
Unique choices as always for model and theme of the new texture with a lot of great execution and especially on the feathery look which is something new, I'd point to the neck as a stand out part of the texture or the wings. It does have some weaker areas as outlined in the Areas for Improvement, but it is all free-hand and of a good quality that is can easily be approved :)

Level 32
We now have an April Fool's Skin for a critter converting the chicken into a Pigeon which is pretty unique.

The Good:
I was saying before about you trying different texture variations and you seem to have taken that onboard with this skin as I don't think you've ever done something like this before trying to create a feathery look. For starters it definitely looks like a pigeon and the wings look great as well as the eyes and beak and the nice colour gradient of the neck. There's good choice of colour tones and the skin as a whole looks really good.

Areas for Improvement:
This texture seems to have a distinct lack of what I'd call macro shading which becomes apparent when looking at the texture on the model. Areas like the insides of the leg, the parts beneath the wings and areas of the neck lack the shading we'd expect to see. Areas on the head and body lack some of the highlights we'd also expect to see. The feather detailing at the back of the body also looks a bit lacking which is surprising as you've done it really well on so many of the other places like the neck and wings.

Conclusion:
Unique choices as always for model and theme of the new texture with a lot of great execution and especially on the feathery look which is something new, I'd point to the neck as a stand out part of the texture or the wings. It does have some weaker areas as outlined in the Areas for Improvement, but it is all free-hand and of a good quality that is can easily be approved :)
Critters are small size models that normally don't upscale the height, hence why i didn't go heavy on it. Most of the time when I make skin is that visual clarity usually prioritize first and then appeal come second.

If you look at screenshot, you can't tell much about it because duh, it's a critter but you can still tell this is a pigeon because their color feather.

April Fool works for sure so don't take it too seriously. :xxd: If you looking for a FLYING pigeon, look for Stanakin's FeralPigeon.blp.