• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Picture] "Retribution, part I" "Dekhar's Eye" stood in the docks. An old ship, probably used bac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"Retribution, part I"

"Dekhar's Eye" stood in the docks. An old ship, probably used back in the days before Falmir. In the middle of the night, when most of the city has been asleep, the lights were flickering on board of the ship.
Men were bringing out barrels out of the innards of the ship and preparing them for moving.
"My gods, how much of this stuff do we have?" said one of the men, breathlessly.
"Well, there aren't that many in there really. But taking them out only at night, then moving them to that tavern and then to the temple... I'll be surprised if we will be ready by the time of the festival"
"Oh well, our shift's almost over. I say, after this, let's go to the tave-" he suddenly stopped and made a few steps to look behind the barrel.
"Whats the matter?"
"Eh, sorry. Thought I saw something move there"
The second man took a look himself.
"Yeap, nobody here. Got to be careful though. This stuff's pretty expensive, if spies don't find us, thieves sure will"
"Oh come on. The only real trouble we've faced was that stupid girl. And she couldn't hurt a fly!"
"Think again" stated a voice right next to his ear, and he could feel cold, sharp metal touching his throat. He couldn't see himself, but the look on his friend's face was terrified.
"Now, listen carefully. You and that guy who is hiding behind a barrel, thinking I won't see him, will jump into the water. And then, I'll throw him into the water. If you try to run or alarm the others, death will look like an easy way out"
The man gulped, nodded to the guy who came from beuind the barrels, and they both, with risen hands, went to the edge and after a moment of hesitation, jumped. The man, still feeling the steel on his skin, quietly whispered:
"Be merciful"
"I am" the voice said coldly and he was thrown into cold water.

The three men looked one at another.
"Let's just go to the tavern, get a cold one and forget this ever happened" at last said the hostage's friend.
The others nodded and began to swim towards the dock.

Attachments

• 59865.png
    59865.png
    982.1 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.