• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picking up custom power ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
i have changed the way the coins / bundle of lumber looks like, but when i pick it up it won't dissapear but i am still getting the gold / lumber from it. why that happens? is there a way to fix this?

Level 12
i have changed the way the coins / bundle of lumber looks like, but when i pick it up it won't dissapear but i am still getting the gold / lumber from it. why that happens? is there a way to fix this?

Uhm, try setting it to another model and see if still happen, try setting to a unit model.
Maybe some animation is missing.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
somehow even changing the unit model it still don't dissapear, :/ is there something like a game interface or something that might fix it?

Level 4
Is the item still present, or just the model of the item?

If it's just the model, it's the fact that the model you're using doesn't have the right animation to be a power up, or something. Set the item back to a gold coin model and see if it disappears.

Level 7
try basing it off of the gold pick up item and change the model,
then set it to automatically used when gotten?
or was that what you did ....

Ham

Ham

Level 5
Is the item still present, or just the model of the item?

If it's just the model, it's the fact that the model you're using doesn't have the right animation to be a power up, or something. Set the item back to a gold coin model and see if it disappears.

yes it dissapears if i use gold coin / bundle of lumber / books / runes and few others, but why not other models dissapear?

ok i was messing with the war3 model editor and i noticed these items the death animation makes them dissapear, while units remain there, my solution is to fix this death type, or do what you say vicent, but how would i do it? i meant, how to set it like an item and when picked up automatically used.

Status
Not open for further replies.