• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picking the hero from the Player Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Here is my problem:

When the game ends, I want the hero with the highest score to be plucked and transported to their pedestal.

How do I do this?

The way how I am going at it is to create a Player Group based on the player on top in the leaderboard. Then I move all the player's units on to the pedestal.

I do not know how to pick the single hero from the group. So while the hero gets transported correctly, any mercenaries get put on the pedestal as do spawns, as do spawned buildings. It is a mess!

Anyone know how to pluck the hero from a player group of units? Or does anyone have an idea of how to trigger the winning hero to be placed on the pedestal in some other way?

Level 3
if there is more than one hero, then use a unit variable and set it to that hero, then just move him instead of everyone. you can set the variable when the hero is picked in the beginning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.