• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permanently Replacing Icons, Models, Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212342

D

Deleted member 212342

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to permanently replace the meelee Paladin with Arthas's icon, portrait (on the left), and sound set. Or, for another example, replace the Orc Blademaster with Grom Hellscream.

I know I can simply make a map in the World Editor to create a game with Arthas and Grom in them, but what I am asking for is different - I want to be able to produce Arthas from the Altar of Kings when I play normal WarCraft 3 against computers or other players online.

Thank you for your help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to permanently replace the meelee Paladin with Arthas's icon, portrait (on the left), and sound set. Or, for another example, replace the Orc Blademaster with Grom Hellscream.

I know I can simply make a map in the World Editor to create a game with Arthas and Grom in them, but what I am asking for is different - I want to be able to produce Arthas from the Altar of Kings when I play normal WarCraft 3 against computers or other players online.

Thank you for your help.

Although this is possible offline via modifying the game data files it is not possible online. Modification of any sort to the game is prohibited for online play and can result in game splits (due to game data mismatches) and potentially CDKey bans (due to attempting to cheat).

Status
Not open for further replies.