• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Periodic Table Morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

YwN

YwN

Level 1
I need two or three pro map makers to make this for me...

If it is in the wrong thread, sorry, move it for me.

Basically there will be a periodic table in the top left hand corner. Basic elements can be represented by wisps. Hydrogen = Blue, Gold = yellow...You get the point. You can bind elements like Oxygen and Hydrogen for Water. Sodium and Chloride for salt. You could combine salt and water for salt water. You get the drift. There could be a creep selection system to select your wave. There could be 3-5 choices. After a few waves there will be a boss. kill the boss, to unlock the next set of creeps. You could start out with one selector wisp, which could be used to pick an element. I imagined this wisp to be white... I don't think custom skins would be required, but lots of triggers and special spells and auras.

YwN

YwN

Level 1
So yeah, i need a team to make it. I will tell you what to do and where to put stuff...I can do the terrain...

Level 2
I think that it is an interesting idea and could be cool as a TD. But to try to get people to join and make the map without anything at all done on your part is going to be really hard. Do you know what a design doc is? If you do try making one of those. That way all those ideas you have will be written down and you will have thought about it all more, that is commit it to paper. Then make the terrain, you say you can, so do it. With both of those you are more likely to get people to join.

If you get all those down, and I have time I might even help if you like. But I would like to see that you have the idea thought out more and that you have worked out how most elements are going to work within the frame of War3's engine.

YwN

YwN

Level 1
Yeah, i dont know what a design doc is...i'll work on the terrain, but all i know more then that is simple triggers

Level 2
A design doc is a document that lists all the factors of the map/game.

From overall features, to in-depth details into the rules of the map and the why things interact with each other.

There is a sample one at that link, that one was made from a class I was in and it has way more stuff then you would need to do for this map but ti gives you an idea.

http://gamesed.baldwinconsulting.org/Baldwin Game Design Document Template.doc

Status
Not open for further replies.