• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pegasus

This is the Battlestar Pegasus form the show Battlestar Galactica.

Origional model and texture
by Coxxon
[email protected]

coxxon had posted these for public use on www.scifi-meshes.com

I just converted his model and modified the texture, animation and did some minor model adjustments. I also removed thousands of faces and polys to save size. Now its only 223kb.

Has attack, walk, stand and death animations like the other BSG models I have posted.

I hope you all like it.

SYC.

***UPDATE***
Fixed the extents of the model so it is now selectable much easier in game.

Keywords:
BSG, Battlestar, Galactica, Space, ship, fighter, colonial, pegasus
Contents

Pegasus (Model)

Reviews
17:12, 7th Jun 2008 General Frank: Model works fine and performs well.

M

17:12, 7th Jun 2008
General Frank:

Model works fine and performs well.

Level 11
for those who needed a smaller version of your Galactica model, they can just use this. Its very similar to the galactica model, so dont worry about makeing a smaller version of that (you stated that if people want you will make a smaller model). Good job.

Level 11
i got the model to work, but to select in in game or in editor i have to drag a box around it. can you fix this? (so that when u click it you select it). i plan on having targeting spells in my game and i know people will want to target this bad boy. thanks :)

Level 21
Horrid polycount for going into WC3 :p
The texture is rather bland, very deconstrasted, with not any real shading. Shading's not really important for such a model, though, but it's good to have it in some areas. And detail needs a lot of work (those gray lines and dark spots aren't really convincing)
I suggest you go over those lines again and work in some detail on the metal panels, you should look at some references
The team color is also a bit stark

Last edited:

syc

syc

Level 8
Thanks for all the constructive critisizm guys (don't bother correcting my spelling though, im beyond help) Ill try to make the texture higher contrast. It probably lost something going from 5120 x 5120 to 512 x 512.

The reason for the high poly count is that it was created for Freespace and other 3d space sims (by coxxon) and I have been blessed with the task of bringing these beauties (all 597000 polies) to WC3 for some requestors and myself. My modest attempt at reducing the size is the best i can do without 3dsmax. Im using the free tools I had. But if anyone feels like helping out, please PM me and Ill be glad to give people the origionals to play with.

Thanks again guys.

Ps. Ill try to make something usefull next time :p

syc

syc

Level 8
Actually I left the dimensions the same and just fixed the extents. It seems that WC3 needs to have the maximum latteral, virtical and front/rear extents as a variable instead of using the actual model to determine the size.

syc

syc

Level 8
Thanks for all of the encouragement. I will try wo release the last few units needed for a basic map, and then I will try to reduce the size of the textures without reducing the quality (maybe try indexed colour, if i can get it to accept that). There is not much I can do to reduce polly count unless i totally masacre the models and leave these up for cinimatics.

Level 11
For me personally, i would like my models to not exceede 250 kb, so if you could make an alternate version the models you release, that would be great. For exmaple:

Pegasus (high) 500 kb
Pegasus (low) 200 kb

and release them both, because for my map (and im sure others), is gettin pretty high with the kb count. so if your willing to make alternate low kb versions of your models, that be appreciated.

Level 3
Callex if u can read this, this model would make a SWEET carrier :D And it's right according to the schematics and pics i sent u via email. :D

Level 2
Another Nice model. This will be one of my other capital ships...
To whoever asked 'why call them battlestars', it is named after the ship it is based off in a tv series called battlestar galactica. Their are... were twelve of these ships defending the twelve colonies of kobold against the cylon forces. These are the colonials main battleships. Why call them battleSTARs, I have no real idea but it is probably because it is a battleship in space where the stars are.

Level 2
hi, by any chance you will not have a model of the ship from the movie Stargate Goa'uld. the pyramid-shaped craft???