• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pease help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok i have many questions.
First how do i make farming units like the units spawn automatically spawn from a building? Can u clarify the answer with the picture? Because i am quite new to the triggers.
Next how do u make an exp bar for an unit? For many use maps there are many units that can level up, get stronger. Plz give a picture to help me clarify:)
Next, how do u make the abilitys for that unit? For example the battlecruiser has the ability of the yamato gun. And when it levels up, it gets stronger from 200damage to 300 damage. How do u set that? Plz attach a picture,too;)
Extra:how do i make a buff for an unit? Like when an unit attacks another unit, it gets a buff that damage attacked unit 25 each second. How do i set that?plz attach the picture.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
First how do i make farming units like the units spawn automatically spawn from a building? Can u clarify the answer with the picture? Because i am quite new to the triggers.
The method I advise is a hybrid between data and triggers. You use the data editor to spawn the units. This is done by giving all spawners a buff behaviour that perodically fires a Create Unit effect. The triggers then order the units (in response to them being created) to their appropiate rally points (if any). Demonstration of this is provided in the attached map.

Next how do u make an exp bar for an unit? For many use maps there are many units that can level up, get stronger. Plz give a picture to help me clarify:)
Set up a veterancy behaviour and give it to a unit. Many tutorials for this exist, I advise consulting one.

Next, how do u make the abilitys for that unit? For example the battlecruiser has the ability of the yamato gun. And when it levels up, it gets stronger from 200damage to 300 damage. How do u set that? Plz attach a picture,too;)
There are 2 approaches. The first involves a lot of parallilisim and is covered by various tutorials. The other is to trigger enhance the effects the abilities end up using to add level based logic to them (for example a damage formula if done via triggering).

Extra:how do i make a buff for an unit? Like when an unit attacks another unit, it gets a buff that damage attacked unit 25 each second. How do i set that?plz attach the picture.
For the damage over time, look at irridiate / terran structure burnout. Both these are premade behaviours that come with the game and show various ways of dealing perodic damage to the unit. To make it give the behaviour on an attack, make a buff behaviour and use the damage response fields. With damage response location set to attacker it will run the damage response handled/exausted effects every time the unit deals damage. Simple make it give the damage over time behaviour (via the effect "add behaviour"). Remember that you must make it only respond to the unit's attack damage effect (there are inclusion/exclusion fields for this) otherwise the perodic damage would always recast itself (never expire).

If I was you, Id be searching youtube.
Most of the people who make those videos know little to nothing about the editor and will endup confusing people more than they are already (especially if english is not their native language like I think is the case with the topic creator).

Attachments

• Demonstration for Mosemin.SC2Map
    23.6 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.