• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Plz help me how to spawn units in a certain way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Sup everybody, i hope someone can help me..

I want to give structures (which u will get at map initializing) a cretain upgrade (new upgrade button:lvl1) to let the strucure spawn certain units in a specific amount of time.. So a spawn in every 10 secondes (infinite) for example..

The next step (new upgrade button:lvl2) , will be another upgrade which will increase the spawning units by 1..

Further i want to make upgrades wich can unfluence the speed (time) of spawns..

I tried with 'data' creating an ability and effect and button to make one, but its harder than i thought.. I cannot find options to influence the time of the spawning units..
Please can someone help me with this??

I would appreciate :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are 3 approaches.
1. Periodic Buff behaviour which spawns units.
2. Spawn behaviour.
3. Triggers.

Triggers allow by far the most flexibility with spawning stuff but can add pointless complexity if you do not need that flexibility. Spawn behaviour is used by Larva from the Hatchery and does what you want but has limitations (number of spawns alive at any time). I am not sure if upgrades can modify the periodic interval of Buff behaviours which could be a limitation of that approach.

Level 3
Thnx for the reaction, but i know the diff approaches.. But I cant link one another wich each other.. So thats why i am asking for people who might have an clue how it would work and can explain to me step by step.. I dont need people to make the whole trigger/behaviour for me (i woudnt mind that ofcourse, that would be very generous though), but can explain me what triggers are used for this and how i can link to certain buildings which arent there yet, they come after the map initializing.. And how the time and spawning rate can be influenced by other upgrades (i need to make myself) of the structures..

Status
Not open for further replies.