• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Peasant high elf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello. I am trying to create a map. I create all my units and personalities including high elf peasant. I would like when it is idle / inactive, his icon appears. For now, the unit displayed is the human farmer.
In advance, thank you to those who bring me a solution.
PS. Sorry for the English. I'm French.

Level 13
Give it worker classification in object editor
if you want to change the icon
go to game interface and find:
Icon - Idle Worker
change the icon to your desired icon

[Edit]
Step by step:
Open World Editor - Find Module and click Object Editor or F6 key button
Select your high elf peasant - go lower and lower then Find "Stats - Unit Classification" check the worker
change the icon:
Advance (left of module) - game interface - Find "Icon - Idle Worker" then change the icon to your desired icon

Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you for your answers.
The classification "worker" can display. And the interface selected icon.
However, some of race that I play, the icon displayed is my high elf peasant. But I do want to change the icon in case the peon is a high elf peasant.
PS. Sorry for my English. I'm French.

Thank you for your answers.
The classification "worker" can display. And the interface selected icon.
However, some of race that I play, the icon displayed is my high elf peasant. But I do want to change the icon in case the peon is a high elf peasant.
PS. Sorry for my English. I'm French.

In the menu bar go to 'Advanced' and then 'Game Interface', search for 'Symbol - Idle Worker' and change it from Peon to whatever you prefer.

Level 13
i don't have a solution but i do have a trick, tell me if this trick is not working
like this:
1. download Warcraft III Image Extractor if you don't have this
2. open mpq file in Warcraft III folder using Warcraft III Image Extractor
3. the find your desired icon. ex: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNElfVillager.blp
save it to blp file
4. import it to world editor then change it's file path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp

Note: This will replace all Peasant icon with Elf Worker icon
if you follow my instructions, when you Pause the game Elf Worker icon will turn back to Peasant icon, to fix this create the DISBTN version of imported Elf Worker. You can use either photoshop or Button Manager to create the DISBTN version then import it to world editor and change it's file path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNPeasant.blp

Level 5
It doesn't work. And anyway, I don't want to change the human icon. I just want when the unit is off, the icon of the unit is displayed at the bottom left. = Trigger. Does anyone have already found a reliable solution? Thank you in advance.

In the menu bar go to 'Advanced' and then 'Game Interface', search for 'Symbol - Idle Worker' and change it from Peon to whatever you prefer.

It doesn't work. And anyway, I don't want to change the human icon. I just want when the unit is off, the icon of the unit is displayed at the bottom left. = Trigger. Does anyone have already found a reliable solution? Thank you in advance.

I answered you...

Level 29
- Make a dummy unit hero that has no message warning when he dies, the important part only is the icon...
- When the peasant's order is 0 or stop create that hero and just make it invulnerable, pause and hide it...
- When the peasant move, kill and remove the hero...
- When the hero is clicked, the peasant will be selected...

This will work but needs triggering and hashtable usage, but IDK if this is as efficient as peon classification, what matters is the icon is there and different ones, not constant like peons...

Level 5
Frankster, you absolutely don't answer my question !
By cons, thank you for mckill2009 board. It is a good idea.
However, I'm having trouble creating the trigger. Would know you already have a map near the trigger? In any case, thank you very much.
PS. Sorry for the english. I'm french.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.