• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patrol Region Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making patrol triggers based on this type of command, and it's not always working. They triggers are identical except for which regions they reference, but the unit patroling only work for some regions and not others. Even if the region doesn't trigger a patrol to the next one, I can manually trigger the conditions by selecting the unit and telling him to go in manually. What gives?

• Patrol3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Region 004 <gen> contains Winter Guardian 0086 <gen>) Equal to True) or ((Triggering unit) Equal to Winter Guardian 0086 <gen>)
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Region 005 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Winter Guardian 0086 <gen> to Attack-Move To TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

Level 15
  • Patrol3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Region 004 <gen> contains Winter Guardian 0086 <gen>) Equal to True) or ((Triggering unit) Equal to Winter Guardian 0086 <gen>)
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Region 005 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Winter Guardian 0086 <gen> to Attack-Move To TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

Hi mate
checking your trigger conditions I understand that there are two ways to issue patrol unit to move.

The first one is if any unit enters into the rect while the patrol is there.
second is if patrol unit activates the trigger.

the instruction <<or>> isn't very clear here.

can you show us the size of the rects?
owner of patrol unit, is Neutral agressive?

Anyway I recommend you use only second condition and test with Trigger Unit and Entering unit. which of both is more effective according to your requirements.

So, you could make a rect array which all these rects and make a single trigger to check this movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.