• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pathing Texture problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Right... I'm in a situation here. I have a castle (the one in the medieval pack on the hive). I've scaled it to 2 like all the other buildings so the units don't look oversized.
I'm gunna guess that you've worked out the problem. There is no pathing texture that is big enough for the castle! Is there any way to make a bigger pathing texture? Is so I'd like one!

Level 14
Did you know that it is possible to create your own .tga file which contains the customly specified pathing for the doodad you want?

Take refference here:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

Photoshop and other image editing programs give the ability to create .tga files. Try creating your own custom pathing.
Make sure that the dimensions are correct though... And make sure that you use 1 pixel for painting the correct path.
Since 1 pixel is 32 warcraft grid units...

Level 13
Yer i've just downloaded Paint.NET that i think works. I'm not sure on the dimensions though.... My structure is to be double the size of the purple/pink area for a Town Hall. So would that be 32x32 for the doubled version?

Level 14
Yer i've just downloaded Paint.NET that i think works. I'm not sure on the dimensions though.... My structure is to be double the size of the purple/pink area for a Town Hall. So would that be 32x32 for the doubled version?

If you want to see the dimensions of the path of the townhall, you can use a MPQ editor in order to open the wc3 archive and then extract that pathing map. You are then abled to open it in Paint.NET so that you can see how big the pathing is, if it needs to be twice that size simply create a new TGA file of twice the size of the pathing map from the town hall.

I suggest you'd use this MPQ editor in order to do that:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

The pathing is stored inside the folder: 'PathTexures'
Make sure that you open war3.mpq with the mpq editor.
war3.mpq contains all the data from warcraft 3 reign of chaos.
war3x.mpq contains all the data from warcraft 3 the frozen throne.

Since the townhall also exists in warcraft 3 reign of chaos the pathing for the townhall should be in war3.mpq.

war3.mpq and war3x.mpq are in your warcraft 3 installation folder by the way.

Also: did you know that it is possible to open a map with an mpq editor in order to extract, import data or to fix fatal errors of that map?
If you are unabled to open war3.mpq or war3x.mpq make sure that you haven't got the world editor or warcraft 3 open while opening the archive.

If you want to know which pathing file is used for the town hall, press control + D inside the object editor to see the raw data.
In this particular case the pathing map that is being used for the townhall is called:
PathTextures/16x16Simple.tga

So your texture should be 32x32 if you want a pathing doubled that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.