• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pathing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I've made my first pathing texture, for a gate... And for some REAL strange reason, small dots of red and blue small squares also show up (as you can see on the screenshot...) How the hell did they get there? Yes this is a big problem, because In game units can't move to it...

problem.jpg

Level 9
Okay this MAY be a simple problem. If you tell me how you converted then ill se if it is what i think it may be...

Level 21
I saved it as tga, and then I used the BLP & TGA converter (look at tools section)to convert it to blp.

So after this problem occured, I decided to convert the converted blp back to tga if something went wrong, but after converting it again, it was just the same picture...

so what might have been the problem?

Edit: is it actually neccesary to convert pathing textures to blp?

Level 21
in tga format, it's still giving the same problem

and I learned nothing of that tutorial... all know it already, but it says nothing of this weird problem... Oh and if you don't believe me, I can send you the pathing texture, so you can have a look at it yourself in WE...

Anyway, I've made the same one again (exactly the same), and this one strangely does work... However, all other pathing textures I've made don't work either, so I'm going to have to remake them all and hope it works... I have absolutelly no idea why these work but the others don't...

Level 9
Did you just convert it from blp to tga then tried it? Because i would think unless you convert it from the original file (not blp) it would do the same thing :?.

Status
Not open for further replies.