• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.2.0 -- Public test region (server) for North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

General

Battle.net

• Battle.net Chat Channels have been added:

-- Players can now join others in both public and private channels.

-- Added in-game chat bar command to whisper to other players. Using the /w command will pop up an auto-complete list which includes: friends, party members, chat channels, and other players within your current game.

• Added a Battle.net option to auto-join previous private channels.

• Added a Battle.net option to prevent chat channel text from appearing in the in-game chat display.

Custom Maps

• Map makers can now use custom UI layout files to create new UI or override existing game UI.

Gameplay

• Stalemate Detection has been added:

-- The game will end in a tie for all remaining players if no players have income, production, or destroyed any structures for three consecutive minutes.

-- A countdown timer will now appear when the game detects this scenario.

• Several help dialogue and tech tree improvements have been made:

-- In-game help is now available in Battle.net.

-- The help dialog’s tech tree has been improved.

-- Unit information in the help dialog now displays abilities and upgrades.

• Selecting different units in quick succession will now fade out existing replies to play the most recent reply.

• When selecting a Vespene Geyser, the number of current harvesters will be displayed in the info panel.

Graphics

• An Extreme graphics option has been added:

-- Players can now configure screen space ambient occlusion.

-- Unit information in the help dialog now displays abilities and upgrades.

Interface

• Customizable Hotkey Support has been added.

• Mouse buttons can now be bound to the Push-To-Talk hotkey.

• System Alert panel has been moved to the top of the screen – duration of most system alerts has been reduced.

Added a hotkey to Pause/Resume game for both single-player and multiplayer (Pause/Break key).

• Added a toggle button to the in-game replay panel to show or hide duration information.

• Added a hotkey indicator option to show the primary hotkey on top of command buttons.

• Added an option to disable any error sounds. The Response Sounds checkbox now controls whether unit-specific audio is used for error sounds instead of a generic buzz.

Leagues and Ladders

• A new Master League has been added.

-- This league now represents the highest tier of ladder players.

Replays

• Several Save/Replay File dialogue improvements have been made:

-- Prints current directory name above file list.

-- Added sort order icons to Name and Date columns.

-- Added the ability to rename.

-- Added filters for Autosave and Unsaved.

-- Added an option to permanently save all replays. Checking this option will mark all unsaved replays as being saved.

• Camera following behavior for observers and replays has been improved.

Balance

• PROTOSS

-- Hallucination research time decreased from 110 to 80.

-- Observer

Cost decreased from 50/100 to 25/75.

-- Phoenix
Build time decreased from 45 to 35.

-- Void Ray

Now deals 20% more damage to massive targets.

Flux Vanes speed upgrade removed.

• TERRAN

-- Bunker

Build time decreased from 35 to 30.

This is only a temporary change for the patch 1.2.0 PTR.

-- SCV

Repairing SCVs now assume the same threat priority as the unit they’re repairing.

SCV construction movement made more consistent.

• ZERG

-- Infestor

Fungal Growth no longer affects air units.

StarCraft II Editor

• Map locale management has been added.

• Further editor tips and hints have been added.

• Copy/Paste support has been added to the upgrade editor.

• Modifed the Locales dialog (also in the Locale sub-menu) for adding or removing text locales.

• Locale sub-menu is now available in Map/Mod menu for changing the active text locale for the current document.

• The game will now properly find custom imported files within mods.

• Maps can now depend on even more mods.

• Mod Info dialog is now available from the Mod menu for more easily changing mod name and description text.
• Change Focus commands are now available in the Trigger module View menu for switching input focus directly to different areas.

• Font Style Files can now be added to Mods and Maps using the FontStyleFileArray field in GameUIData. Existing styles can have their individual attributes overridden or entirely new styles can be added.

• UI Layout files can now be added to Mods and Maps using the CustomLayoutFileArray filed in GameUIData. Most existing frames can be modified or overridden and entirely new templates can be added, which can be created from the Dialog system within the Editor.

• Dialog Items can now be hooked up from already existing frames within a created Panel.

• Attributes and values can now be hidden in the game lobby, configured through Game Variants.

• Editor Tips dialog in the Help menu (and optionally on start up) improved with tips for using the editor effectively.

• Created a new type of Dialog Item called Panel. Panels are containers for other dialog items to help with grouping and hierarchy.

• The water editor layout has been improved.

• The mouse wheel now scrolls the control under the cursor.

• Copied doodads now retain their height offset.

• Effect offsets can now optionally contain a Z component.

• Attribute and Veterancy behaviors now normalize vitals when new levels are applied.

• Mouse clicks and highlights are now allowed while in relative camera mode.

• Edit boxes are now available for trigger dialogs.

• Right clicking an item in an inventory will now have the icon appear immediately next to the cursor.

• Behaviors can now be replaced by either the shortest duration (the original method) or by farthest distance.

• Behavior abilities can now properly charge the player using the ability instead of always charging the owner.

• New trigger action have been added:

-- Set Visibility Type Of Text Tag, used to control whether fog or black mask hides the tag.

-- Remove Inventory Item, used to instantly remove a requested item from an inventory.

-- Bank Option, used to change options for banks including adding a signature

• New unit properties have been added:

-- Carried Minerals, Carried Vespene, Carried Terrazine, and Carried Custom Resource.

-- Bounty (XP), used to grant experience when a unit is killed.

• New trigger function: Verify Bank, used to verify that a bank’s signature is intact.

• New trigger event: Mouse Moved, sent in response to the mouse being moved in the game world.

• New Effect Used event property: Life, Shields, and Energy changed.

• Added new UI to insert text tags for data references, unit info, and hotkeys.

• Added an effect range to the effect ability to restrict how far away the effect can be placed. This will allow effects to behave like the Stalker Blink effect.

• Added a behavior flag to suppress fidgeting.

• Added a new stalemate melee option to determine whether the stalemate detection checking is enforced.

• Added a new “Creator” player to effects. It will be set to the player issuing an order if available.

• Added a new type of item that can use an effect ability.

• Added a validator that checks to see if a unit can path to a point.

• Added a validator that checks if there is a cliff between two points.

• Added MinimapRenderPriority to CActorUnit and MinimapRenderPriorityList to CActorGlobalConfig. This allows custom map makers to define the render priorities of units on the minimap.

Bug Fixes

General

• Harvest orders will no longer end if an order is queued while waiting to return cargo.

• Harvesting units no longer avoid enemy units.

• Fixed an issue with units trying to get out of the way so buildings can be constructed.

• Hold position units no longer automatically move out of the way when placing a building.

• Fixed an issue with harvesting units bypassing force fields.

• Fixed an issue where melee units were unable to attack a colossus when it was on a cliff.

• Fixed an issue where larva would not wander around.

• Fixed an issue where loading a saved challenge could improperly overwrite the best score.

• Fixed an issue where animation stutters when flying units are separating.

• Added “Detector” text to the info panel for units which can detect cloaked or burrowed units.

• Added combat reveal tinting to help show that combat reveal units cannot be hit. All diagonal ramps are now the same with regards to unbuildable locations at the bottom of the ramps.

• Enemy units no longer show passive buttons in the command card.

• Critter health bars are now hidden unless highlighted or selected (if status bars are set to show when units are selected).

• Orders can no longer be canceled by clicking on the info panel in challenges before the challenge begins.

• Missiles are no longer affected by Vortex.

• Autocast repair will now charge the player requesting autocast functionality.

• Autocast state for abilities is reset to the default state when unit ownership is permanently changed.

• Repair will now clear its autocast state if the owning player leaves the game.

• Actors with a large number of create events no longer crash the map.

• Text tags are now paused when the game is paused.

Protoss

• Protoss structures can no longer be powered without a power source if constructed while powered by a Warp Prism under the effects of Neural Parasite.

• Mass Recall can no longer target larva or eggs.

• Fixed an issue where units that were picked up by a Graviton Beam would still block pathing on the ground.

• Fixed an issue where a Zealot could burn his Charge cooldown without actually moving.

Terran

• Changed the position of the Select Builder button on Terran buildings, and changed the hotkey to Q.

• Fixed nuke dot not being visible all the time.

• Fixed an issue where you could see an enemy MULE drop pod in some cases where you didn’t have vision of the target location.

• Fixed an issue where a Medivac would be able to continue healing a unit that was stuck in a Graviton Beam if the Medivac had started healing the unit before it was picked up by the Graviton Beam.

• Fixed an issue where a Thor would continue to channel 250mm Strike Cannons on an uplifted terran building if it lifted off at just the right time.

• Fixed an issue where a Thor could get stuck channeling if a player queued up multiple targets for 250mm Strike Cannons.

Zerg

• The Ultralisk’s arc-shaped damage area is now centered at the front of the Ultralisk instead of at its center.

• Fixed an issue with the Ultralisk being unable to attack a row of sensor towers.

• The Burrow and Cancel Neural Parasite buttons have been moved on the command card.

• Creep will now spread evenly in all directions.

• Fixed an issue where Larva could produce units by holding down hotkeys.

StarCraft II Editor

• The "For Each Real" and "For Each Integer" actions will now correctly execute once when the starting and ending bounds are equal while the increment is also zero.

• Standard dependencies can no longer be modified in the Dependencies dialog (only added or removed).

• Publish dialog now updates storage information after removing a published file in the Managed Published window.

• The View Script command will now view library scripts if the library list has focus.

• Dropdowns now correctly select items as you type using partial matching.

• Fixed an issue with editing stylized text values when using system locales other than English.

• Fixed an issue when editing mover data where values were not being saved correctly.

• Fixed an issue that prevented certain changes to angle values.

• Fixed an issue where the scroll bar for tree views could disappear.

• Fixed an issue where triggers setting the mouse relative could result in the mouse being stuck in relative move mode.

• Fixed an issue where setting the color of a dialog item of type label wasn’t working.

• Fixed text truncation with Set Text actor message.

• Fixed a crash that could occur while editing upgrade values.

• Fixed display of ability command links in the Overview Manager.

• Fixed many areas where English text was displayed instead of localized text.

• Fixed an issue where selection circles would drop when a flying unit was over a cliff.

• Veterancy experience share filters have been fixed.

• Carried and equipped item behaviors and weapons are now restored properly when a unit is revived.

• Items dropped from an inventory will now use their default height when dropped.

• Fixed a crash when destroying a persistent effect.

• Camera following can no longer be disabled via hotkeys if it was requested via triggers

Originally posted at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-408/patch-1-13-a-184079/#post1774426

Yay, chat channels. Also yay for custom UI/fonts/that crap. This is going to be awesome.

This is only confirmed for US servers, EU and other servers might not have it yet. Furthermore, at the moment, its just a public test, to try it, go into your SC2 folder and click on "Starcraft 2 Public Test".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
EU has the patch but the client says that it is disabled in this region.

Damn racist blizzard. They should not bar you from content due to where you live... They should much rather permit only limited numbers from all regions to test at the start before expanding to more people.

Level 19
The water editor layout has been improved.

Attribute and Veterancy behaviors now normalize vitals when new levels are applied.

New trigger event: Mouse Moved, sent in response to the mouse being moved in the game world.

Enemy units no longer show passive buttons in the command card.

Missiles are no longer affected by Vortex.

The "For Each Real" and "For Each Integer" actions will now correctly execute once when the starting and ending bounds are equal while the increment is also zero.

(all other editor bug fixes)

LOVE IT. downloading now. ty for info

edit :

The game will now properly find custom imported files within mods.

Edit : itz finished, how do i apply my frickin updates to editor?

Last edited:
Level 27
So that's what that public test I found in SC2 files is!

I'm not one of those melee game loving balance nerds, but... some changes seem kinda dislikeable by me, I mean Fungal Infection can't effect air! Shouldn't the zerg be buffed? Oh, I'm also not sure about Protoss now, and that Void Ray change...

And I like other, non-balance news quite much. Like new updates for editor and bugfixes...

Level 2
@DSG chill lol it's gonna come in a week(s), how about they bring the teams&Tags too. Better tagging a name than having to rename yours just for a team.

I hope Stalemate Detection doesnt cause needless ties. Like what if both have traded their bases and it becomess a chess game with the units you have?

Now Platinum will also suck. Diamond becomes 'platinum'.

Again VR buff, if it is now the same effect on buildings that sucks it was most annoying for some focus firing the orbital command and many SCVs still couldnt repair it... VR speed not used in 1v1 anyway.

Good for the editor, even more abilities than now and those WE boys will tell me that SC2E cant offer much more.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The problem with Hallucination is that it costs way too much energy, which you might as well spend on Guardian Shield, and then it becomes useless late game when there's a detector hanging around the entire time.
The Phoenix's building time reduction is welcome, as is the Void Ray buff against massive units; the damage it was dealing to units such as Carriers and Ultralisks was shameful. I'm curious as to what happens to its speed now, though; will it keep the regular pre-Flux Vanes speed or receive it by default?
As for the Zerg change, I've got to mention that I'm scared -- Fungal Growth was the only thing that could stop those Mutalisks while playing as Zerg. I just hope they don't turn out to be like the Void Rays of the Beta, where the player who could get the highest number of them in the shortest amount of time would have practically won the game.
~Thread moved

Level 11
Hallucination can also be used for scouting. IE spawning a phoenix and flying it over your enemies base. 100 sentry energy vs actually building a phoenix, which can die, is a big difference.

Void Rays keep their pre-flux vane speed now. Vikings are a hardcounter to them now, which is nice because thats exactly how it should be.

EDIT: Also a couple notes on the editor side:

Fully custom UIs and font styles can now be made without overriding things in your mpq. This means that you can have buttons in specific places without having to overwrite stuff, and you can still use hotkeys properly. These are created in XML files.

Actual mouse tracking is implemented. Lag free FPS's will now be possible. :O

Last edited:
Level 20
tleno said:
Shouldn't the zerg be buffed?
Close your eyes and focus your senses. Can you hear that? That's the sound of zergs crying in the distance.

Rui said:
The problem with Hallucination is that it costs way too much energy, which you might as well spend on Guardian Shield, and then it becomes useless late game when there's a detector hanging around the entire time.
Hallucination is pretty friggin powerful. I don't know why people don't use it as much. Spawning a few colossi to absorb damage is really strong. Of course, you can also use them to get high ground vision, or scout, etc. I guess they made this change to remind people that the ability exists.

Rui said:
I just hope they don't turn out to be like the Void Rays of the Beta, where the player who could get the highest number of them in the shortest amount of time would have practically won the game.
Isn't that basically how it already is?

mrzwach said:
Vikings are a hardcounter to them now, which is nice because thats exactly how it should be.
Whether or not vikings can constantly micro against void rays, it's important to note that void rays take them out in like half a second. I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'hard counters', because you can deal with them fine if you have a good position. I mean, it's not like whenever someone gets vikings, my void rays become worthless... I guess that's my point.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Hallucination is pretty friggin powerful. I don't know why people don't use it as much. Spawning a few colossi to absorb damage is really strong. Of course, you can also use them to get high ground vision, or scout, etc. I guess they made this change to remind people that the ability exists.
I always imagined that detectors made hallucinations usless cause the game would automatically start ignoring them (they have nearly no agro) thus they would have no damage absorption abilities. If however the detector only means that humans can tell the difference (a unit is still as willing to attack a fake as a real unit) then I have completly underestimated sentries.

I just hope they don't turn out to be like the Void Rays of the Beta, where the player who could get the highest number of them in the shortest amount of time would have practically won the game.
Void rays are only more effective against massive units (battleship, thor, ultralisk, carrier, mothership, colossus, broodlord (I forget if its massive or not)). Against vikings they still deal the nerfed damage from last patch which means that vikings can survive a few seconds unless focused. They however now are a lot slower, thus vikings can use their superiour range to just kite the void rays to death (and other air units like curropters can probably do the same).

Voidrays armies are still very lethal but they are counterable.

Shouldn't the zerg be buffed?
The zerg did get buffed actually... Ultralisks now have better AoE damage on attacks as their AoE detection runs from their front instead of from their origan. As such against marines and other small units they are even more deadly while their AoE will affect much larger units as well.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Void rays are now support units looking at the stats. You get them to handle massive and armored units to compliment your forces rather than as a solo army (many patches ago) or as an annoying unit. They look to me like glass cannon units, deadly but vulndrable without support.

To herase, I think they intend phoniex aircraft. The very fast build time allows you to get numberous of them. Their gravitron beam and numbers can allow you to kill some enemy workers rather quickly. Against zerg this is probably worse than the old void rays, cause now you can gravitron (and so disable) the queens and unless they have some hydralisks they will have no anti air. Additionally no fungal spores allow them to herase in and out pretty effectivly (before you could anchor air units with fungal and thus kill them with ground to air).

Against terran and protoss I think herases will be less effective as terran will have marine support (too numberous to kill off with gravitron) and protoss will have stalkers (counter phonix to a degree but in low numbers can be gravitroned).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It was because it rendered zerg very ressistant to herrase.

If mutalisks tried to get your drones, fungal and devour them with hydralisks.
If banshees were sniping your drones, fungal them while your detector gets into position then shoot them from the sky.
If phonixe (or void rays, but those are no longer raid units) tried to lift your drones appart then you could fungal them and just blow them up.

Let us not forget that the damage fungal did half killed the above aircraft. Now you actually need AA defenses like the other races to handle air raids.

Level 27

If banshees were sniping your drones, fungal them while your detector gets into position then shoot them from the sky.
If phonixe (or void rays, but those are no longer raid units) tried to lift your drones appart then you could fungal them and just blow them up.

Let us not forget that the damage fungal did half killed the above aircraft. Now you actually need AA defenses like the other races to handle air raids.

True. But I would rather decrease it's efficiency against air than completely limiting it. Like just immobilising, but not damaging.

Level 10

If you look at the races as a whole, zerg's anti air is a very strange niche, and fungal growth was the staple anti air thing.

1-2 infestors and a few queens was defense.

Without that, then drops are WAY more effective, air raids are WAY more effective.

It already sucks that they have basically zero anti air (and detection) until lair tech, so give them a break.

Level 40
If you look at the races as a whole, zerg's anti air is a very strange niche, and fungal growth was the staple anti air thing.

1-2 infestors and a few queens was defense.

Without that, then drops are WAY more effective, air raids are WAY more effective.

It already sucks that they have basically zero anti air (and detection) until lair tech, so give them a break.
Queens are really good AA and their detection comes out at about the same time as the other races. Also, other races have had to dash around their army from base to base for ages so it's kind of funny to see Zerg doing it now considering they have been the ones using Mutalisks to do exactly that.

Oh no, Zerg can't make an infestor and a queen and be totally safe, what a travesty.

(Also, Mutalisks are amazing AA and are so well-rounded that you will presumably have them anyways. Corruptors are also the best AtA in the game)

--

That said, the infestor, bunker, and hotkey holding down changes have been reverted.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I personally think fungal on air is stupid. How can covering something in fungus cause it to keep hovering but be immobile? They perhapse should give it a reduced effect on air so it immobilizes ground units while slowing air (both take same gamage though).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It affecting air I have nothing against, afterall EMP works on air, so does psyconic storm. What I do not like is how it somehow immobilizes air while keeping them hovering.

In WC3 you had ensnare on the raiders of the orcs which would immobilize an air unit (just like fungal spore does to many) but it would also force the air unit to land so it became targetable by ground only attacks and immobile while still being able to attack back.

Fungal spores on the other hand somehow immobilizes huge ships like battlecruisers while somehow letting them stay as air targetable units and hover. The only unit that I know of that does not get immobilized by fungal is the ultralisk (which we all know is special). Perhapse the immobilization should be reduced/removed from air units or massive units.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It does, it even works on ultralisks but they have the special behaviour making them immune to slow/immobilize (not nescescarrily just a behaviour, but it is known as an abilitiy of theirs to be immune to such things).

It however does completly stop battlecrusiers, carriers and thors/colossus in AoE. You can see that this makes little sense.

Level 20
It does, it even works on ultralisks but they have the special behaviour making them immune to slow/immobilize (not nescescarrily just a behaviour, but it is known as an abilitiy of theirs to be immune to such things).

It however does completly stop battlecrusiers, carriers and thors/colossus in AoE. You can see that this makes little sense.

Whether or not the idea of fungal growth makes any sense conceptually really doesn't matter. I can't believe you even went there.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
He meant that fungal forces air units to land like ensnare. This would certainly fix the flying but immobile nonsense however it would completly ruin ballence as even lings would be effective against air units with infestor support... Instead of removing spore from hitting air all together they could just make it so that air are slowed instead of immobilized, a sort of half way comprimize that might do what they were hoping while not have so many complaints.

Level 22
It's Good To Be Back

Well there was an update with this new patch the day it was announced but we at EU don't have it. There was an update yesterday as well but still no patch. It must be patched around xmas. I miss being able to use a training account and doing what I want on it, testing strats etc. Too bad we can't access the test server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.