• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Passive Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just wondering if there is any ability type in the data editor that simply applies the passive behavior I have setup without needing to be toggled, in other words, a true passive ability, I can't simply add the behavior to the unit as it has multiple levels and would like it to be able to level up its passives, so does anyone know how this can be done?

Level 11
You could try having a behavior that has a validator that checks the level of the ability, and if it is high enough the validator will return true and the behavior will be shown.

i'm sure theres another way to do it, but i haven't worked with heroes at all, :|

Screenshot3.png

Level 9
Tried this with a different ability before, it didn't work, the first command card stayed at the top greyed out listing its requirements, while the one below it was only activatable thanks to it being preset to autocast when its requirement was fulfilled.
image.php

Edit: I think I've figured it out, I didn't realize that there was a Show field in requirements and I only filled out the Use field, I think this solves a few problems with this ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.