• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trouble with Passive Ability Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been working on a passive ability (with multiple levels) that functions similarly to the critical strike ability of Warcraft III and I'm having trouble with the triggers. I've set up dummy behaviors that, when I select the ability in the level up command card, are given to the hero through triggers. When a hero has the first dummy behavior, his critical hit chance becomes 6%, the second 7%, the third 8%, etc. The first trigger works, when I select the critical strike ability in the level up command card his critical hit chance is raised to 6%. The problem I'm having is that when I select the critical strike ability again, my game crashes. I've tried using a large number different of conditions, but the game either crashes or the critical hit ratio doesn't increase. I've been able to pinpoint that the crash is occurring when the game removes one behavior and adds a different behavior, but I'm not sure why this would cause a crash. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide pictures if anyone wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.