• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Passive bonusdamage depending on armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on a hero and i'm trying to make a skill that deals bonusdamage on each attack, Depending on the difference in armor between attacker and attacked unit. I've been looking through the variables but i can't find anything about armor...

I make my abilities in GUI/triggers.

all help is appreciated. Thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
An armor detection system is simple, You basicly need to deal X damage to the unit of type armor reduced but full damage and then read the targets damage it received and you get a reduction. You can then work out the armor using a formula from the reduction ammount. Unfortunatly I can not post the script from that map in out handy JASS section, stupid WC3C being not allowing DL from non registered users.

Well anyway, the attack detections system is the difficult thing you need to worry about.

Level 40
Yes, that would bug out.

And I was telling you that about AotZ on BNet, donut, but it had almost no chance to happen, and it only worked vs a certain teammate character, and a certain enemy character that also had almost no chance to activate it :p (but that's off-topic)

But it's the only way, save storing every unit's armor to their type/the individual unit

Status
Not open for further replies.