• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Passive ability with charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can I make passive ability that shows charges, not importing specific icons?
Currently I use few huntress' Sentinel abilities with none targeting, all masked into passive, but they are clickable of course. It does not matter much, but maybe I am missing something?

Added:
Ability is just indicator, it must not do anything

Level 12
You might want to use an ability based on Orb of Lightning with multiple lvls. Every lvl hold a different ability based on Sentinel.

Alternatively you could have your hero sell a dummy unit and manage the stock by trigger, which has some other small disadvantages though. Updated the testmap.

Testmap:

Attachments

• Passive ability with charges.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 7
Wow, ty ^_^
+ This is pretty neat, coz does not need to add/remove skill
- This has own disadvantage though, coz it always shows disabled (dark) icon
I am not sure now which one is better to use - clickable | properly bright or properly passive | dark
Thanks for advice, I never seemed to get this idea myself

Level 12
One more method you might like:

Orb of Lightning uses the disabled version of the icon, so if you change that disabled version to an active one it is exactly what you want. One downturn though obviously is that the disabled icon is now looking active, so if you for example pause the game or your unit becomes silenced/etc the icon will still be bright. Its possible to detect game pauses/silences and switch to another ability but especially game pause detecting is very messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.