1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] Passive ability with charges

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Krogoth, May 4, 2014.

1. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can I make passive ability that shows charges, not importing specific icons?
    Currently I use few huntress' Sentinel abilities with none targeting, all masked into passive, but they are clickable of course. It does not matter much, but maybe I am missing something?

Added:
    Ability is just indicator, it must not do anything

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    huntresses' sentinel ability is an ability that has its own data base, that's why it uses a charge. I don't understand what you want exactly, a passive ability with charges that does what? nothing?

3. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think he meant that he triggered his own ability and needs dummy ability that serves as both passive ability (= unclickable) and shows number of charges like huntress sentinel ability does.

4. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes!

5. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    You might want to use an ability based on Orb of Lightning with multiple lvls. Every lvl hold a different ability based on Sentinel.

Alternatively you could have your hero sell a dummy unit and manage the stock by trigger, which has some other small disadvantages though. Updated the testmap.

Testmap:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  6. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, ty ^_^
    + This is pretty neat, coz does not need to add/remove skill
    - This has own disadvantage though, coz it always shows disabled (dark) icon
    I am not sure now which one is better to use - clickable | properly bright or properly passive | dark
    Thanks for advice, I never seemed to get this idea myself

7. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    One more method you might like:

Orb of Lightning uses the disabled version of the icon, so if you change that disabled version to an active one it is exactly what you want. One downturn though obviously is that the disabled icon is now looking active, so if you for example pause the game or your unit becomes silenced/etc the icon will still be bright. Its possible to detect game pauses/silences and switch to another ability but especially game pause detecting is very messy.

8. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    May be :D