• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pasive spell trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I`ve tried to make a spell based on a pasive spell trigger, like item Malestorm in dota or Tiny Craggy Exterior ability, but i didn`t find how to trigger the Action from the pasivle spell. Event- A unit begins castin an ability or A unit starts the effect of an ability doen't work with or without specific spell condition...so does anyone how i create a item like Malestorm or an ability like Craggy Exterior?

Level 6
Here you go, Use "Generic unit event, A unit is attacked".
Test map. Didn't make craggy exterior for you though. Use the same fundamentals give a dummy unit a 100% bash if the percentage is right, 1 out of 5 is 20% so thats what its set at currently.

Attachments

• Maelstrom test .01.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 20
Maelstrom ability is made with Orb Of Lightning, which allows you to set a chance to cast certain ability on hit, you just select Chain Lightning as the ability to cast.

Craggy Exterior uses "A unit is attacked" generic event and a random integer for the chance "IF Random Integer between 1 and 100 is equal or lower than 25 then" (it means 25% chance) Creates a dummy unit that casts a Hurl Boulder to the attacking unit.

Level 6
Yeah in the test map it is pretty much shown ^^.

Update:Still having trouble? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.