• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pasive Multi Arrow ability with additional effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, I searched through the forum and found some links but they dont work anymore, and so I created this thread asking you to help me creating Multi Shoot ability which work together with critical strike and/or poison. Actually I prefer poison so if its easier to make then help me out ^^ I use Spell Book, which add multi arrow ability after hero reach certain level. Skill is disabled at start.

Level 6
Want me to create a test map?
Just like Arhowk said.

I think you need a damage system.
I have one in mind that I'm comfortable with and is super simple.
The bad part is it can't tell difference between physical and spell damage unless all your spells are done with dummy units.

If all your spells aren't done by dummy units / triggered damage then,
spells will crit and cause poison also if any spell casted is directly the damage source (eg. default shockwave).
If you don't want that spell doing critical hit or poisoning, you make a dummy cast shockwave when your main unit casts a dummy spell.

So it is easily do-able but that is the main issue.
Well, if the hero you're talking about is already triggered spells, then everything is perfect and I will provide a test map.
If not, then you could give me your map I can throw this stuff in and make sure it works correctly without issues.

Last edited:
Level 1
Want me to create a test map?
Just like Arhowk said.

I think you need a damage system.
I have one in mind that I'm comfortable with and is super simple.
The bad part is it can't tell difference between physical and spell damage unless all your spells are done with dummy units.

If all your spells aren't done by dummy units / triggered damage then,
spells will crit and cause poison also if any spell casted is directly the damage source (eg. default shockwave).
If you don't want that spell doing critical hit or poisoning, you make a dummy cast shockwave when your main unit casts a dummy spell.

So it is easily do-able but that is the main issue.
Well, if the hero you're talking about is already triggered spells, then everything is perfect and I will provide a test map.
If not, then you could give me your map I can throw this stuff in and make sure it works correctly without issues.

sure :) create test map, heroes will have all triggered spells except passives, in data editor spells damage will be 0 and damage dealt triggered, not sure if thats what you mean :)

Level 16
Note that if you were to implement a damage system, even if all the damage is done via triggers, you'll have to change them to use the system's custom function. It takes like what, 5-15 minutes to do it, based on the map's size, but I think it's worth a mention.

Level 1
Note that if you were to implement a damage system, even if all the damage is done via triggers, you'll have to change them to use the system's custom function. It takes like what, 5-15 minutes to do it, based on the map's size, but I think it's worth a mention.

I dont really understand :/ but not all damage is done by trigger, normal damage/ normal attack isnt triggered and I dont want to do this I just want spell book with levelable spells :> and possible multiarrow ability with critical or poison :)

Level 6
Here is test map in GUI.
Credits to Weep for the damage snippet.

First, select GDD folder and copy it.
Go to your map and paste the folder of triggers in.
Then follow tutorial.

v6kh3n.png

You edit critical chance and multiplier inside the trigger [Custom Critical Shot] or [Custom Critical Shot ALL DAMAGE SHOW],
depending on which one you decide to use. They are the same except the second one displays all damage done in your map with floating text.

Attachments

• Test Multishot.w3x
    36.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 1
Here is test map in GUI.
Credits to Weep for the damage snippet.

First, select GDD folder and copy it.
Go to your map and paste the folder of triggers in.
Then follow tutorial.

v6kh3n.png

You edit critical chance and multiplier inside the trigger [Custom Critical Shot] or [Custom Critical Shot ALL DAMAGE SHOW],
depending on which one you decide to use. They are the same except the second one displays all damage done in your map with floating text.

thanks :) I will test it tomorrow and see how it works ^^ +REP for you

Level 1
ok so now, can you give me example of custom triggered spell? does it just mean triggered damage?, so I simply set all damage in editor to 0 and add damage dealt by agility with triggers? and other thing, I want this poison/critical to work only for certain hero but right now it seems all heroes with default spell damage will deal poison too? and last, can I make poison to deal x agi damage per second?

Level 6
I do not know why other heroes are getting poison.
There is a condition line for poison trigger that requires damager to have the skill [Quadruple Shot],
which is treated as passive poison orb ability in my test map.

[Quadruple Shot] should be replaced in your map with your hero's passive poison ability.
Only units with that ability should deal poison damage.

I can see why every hero is getting crit since I didn't put a condition. Woops.
Making new test map with all of your requests.

P.S. Only the hero with crit/poison spell needs triggered spell dmg (either through trigger damage or through dummy casting)... unless u want a certain spell to crit/poison too.

Last edited:
Level 1
ok thanks ^^ I will check it soon and let you know how it works for me :) and also what is MultiUnitImstance? I tried to search it but couldnt find anything.

Level 6
I meant Multiple Unit Instanceability (MUI) or something like that. It means it is compatible with lots of units using the same effect at same time. Currently because of unit setting it is not MUI because you must save the casting unit in hashtable and load it in the damage trigger. I don't have hashtable knowledge but I will add a line to make it MPI (multi-player, so each player can use at same time), in case ur map lets many players pick same hero. Map is in previous post.

I am actually working on a project myself that requires this system to cast a shield that blocks up to [Caster's INT] damage. I would give it to you as an example but it is not MUI yet (meaning only 1 shield can be cast in the whole game or it breaks... so I won't show it yet until it is neater and MUI)

Oh, I think I'll add in something slightly more customized. I made a channeling ability shoot 100 shockwaves at 20 per second. These shockwaves deal damage based on the caster's AGI stat. Making this MPI is annoying... I can see how much cleaner and easier it would be in Jass already even though my Jass knowledge isn't great.

Last edited:
Level 1
oh, so if spell is in MUI it can be used by more than 1 player :/ and yeah I need at least 2 players to cast it in case both choose same character/ or few characters will use same spell.

Level 6
Since you asked for example of custom spell, I'll make one based on shockwave.

New Test Map

Contents:
-Shockwave dealing 5/10/15X AGI spell damage
-Arrowstorm (100 arrows) dealing 0.25X AGI physical damage each
-Multi-Arrow (barrage) is compatible with Crit and Poison (poison is now AGI based damage)

Changes:
-Removed dummy unit's sword attack sounds
-Added MPI to all spells (each player may have 1 of the same unit/spell)

Btw, how's your map's progress?

Attachments

• Test Multishot 2.w3x
    45.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Level 1
thanks alot :) I will check how it works and in case of some problems I will let you know ^^

@EDIT:

that arrowstorm is really cool spell :) I like it alot, not sure why I cant see damage dealt, only crit show, not even poison, is it supossed to be this way?

Level 6
thanks alot :) I will check how it works and in case of some problems I will let you know ^^

@EDIT:

that arrowstorm is really cool spell :) I like it alot, not sure why I cant see damage dealt, only crit show, not even poison, is it supossed to be this way?

Yep np :). There was actually 2 crit triggers. The first makes it so only crit shows, and the second one was responsible for showing all damage texts. But since they are the same except for that feature, you should enable one and delete the other. In the second test map I deleted the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.