• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

ParticleEmitter 2 problem with attackment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I can make whatever particle emmiter type 2 i want.:grin::grin: But why doenst it attach to the hand of the unit??? i tried attachin same particle to different points of the arm, but it keeps attaching somewhere in the feet......then i attached some to the feet too, same result......what am i doing wrong? My experience is poor, my first editted model was a Armored Crab Hero, looks nice and works....now i was trying to make a mage by attaching some emitters to the hands of a villager....fire emitters exactly....they work awesome but the attachment point is somewhere in the feet.....why...:spell_breaker::spell_breaker::eek::eek::eekani::eekani: i also added different animations to the villager they are from the demonnes model, work more than great on the villager.....maybe they have to do with the problem....:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 27
In order to position a node in Magos Model Editor (I'm assuming this is your tool), you must right click on the Node and select Edit Node, not Edit.
Then, it will say Pivot Point with fields X, Y, and Z. Play around with those values until you get them just right.
Positive X is in front of the origin of the model.
Negative X is behind the origin of the model.
Positive Y is to the left of the origin of the model.
Negative Y is to the right of the origin of the model.
Positive Z is above the origin of the model.
Negative Z is below origin of the model.
And if you don't know what the origin is, its usually between the two feet, located at coordinated 0,0,0.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
10x but no 10x

10x for answering, but 1 hour after the problem occured i solved it myself......edit node + x/y/z set right and it is now done.....look at the new human mage ;]] :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::grin::grin: hehehehe i hope the villager gets a new skin soon.....maybe u could help?

Attachments

• HumanMage.jpg
    HumanMage.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 103
  • FaithInSelf.mdx
    85.5 KB · Views: 56
  • GenericGlow.blp
    4 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.