• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ParKour: The Art of Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

ParKour: The Art of Motion

''Parkour'' is a french word, literally meaning ''The Art of Motion''. It is an expression for going from point A to point B as fast as possible, using only your body. Parkour, otherwise known as Free Running, is invented and named by David Belle. In past few years, the number and the skill of Parkour athletes has grown more than ever. There are numerous competitions, organizations, groups, teams and individuals practicing The Art of Motion.

Contents:
1.Map Description
2.Features
3.Development
4.Team

1. Map Description

Enter the world of Free Running and experience gameplay like none before. Play in one of several game modes and compete against your friends or practice your skills in one of several playable areas. ParKour: The Art of Motion is not an original, but unique map, in which your only task is to run. You can climb buildings, leap between rooftops or do some freestyle flipping - whatever you decide.
attachment.php
2. Features

-Over 50 unique skills, tricks and vaults
-Control with arrow keys and only four buttons, without the mouse
-Movement system including running, sprinting, rotating, jumping, falling...
-Customization of your character
-Unique user interface
-Realistic terrain
-Amazing special effects and sounds
attachment.php
3. Development

Finished movement systems, including Run, Sprint, Jump, Rotate, and Fall.
Made the first area (1/4), the ParKour Park.
Uploaded the map and some screenies :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
4. Team

thematija97 - Project Leader, Coder, Minor Modeler, Terrainer
BloodElf300 - Lead Modeler
Graber - Lead Animator

Animator

The link to download the model is in attachments.
I need the following animations:

Stand - a normal stand animation
Run - a normal running animation
Sprint - an animation of sprinting
Roll Forward - roll to front
Roll Backward - roll to back
Jump - jump with two legs, used with normal run
Sprinting Jump - jump from one leg, used during sprint
The link of the video containing all vaults.
Speed Vault
Monkey Vault
Dash Vault
Kash Vault
King Kong Vault
Hand Stand - animation of a two handed hand stand, which should contain full process (stand - hand stand - stand)
Front Cartwheel - like a cartwheel, just going forward
Rear Cartwheel - like a cartwheel, just going backward
Frontflip - should be initialized while in air
Backflip - should be initialized while in air
Double Frontflip - should be initialized while in air
Double Backflip - should be initialized while in air
Butterfly - From 2:08
360 Frontflip - like a frontflip, but with 360 degrees spin
Superman Flip - Diving jump then frontflip lite the one At 0:54
Fall on back - fall on back, but the cause shouldn't be an attack, but falling from a high place
Fall on front - fall on face, but the cause shouldn't be an attack, but falling from a high place
Lay on back - laying after fall
Lay on front - laying after fall
Stand up from back - stand up after laying
Stand up from front - stand up after laying
Death

Attachments

• oie_13143030Vw63GTRV.jpg
    oie_13143030Vw63GTRV.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,111
  • oie_131429448WxDKqm8.jpg
    oie_131429448WxDKqm8.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,002
  • oie_131428107epDomPq.jpg
    oie_131428107epDomPq.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • oie_13142443SKGP9C8Y.jpg
    oie_13142443SKGP9C8Y.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,302
  • ParkourAthlete.mdx
    58.7 KB · Views: 215
  • PK TAoM v0.01 scr1.JPG
    PK TAoM v0.01 scr1.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,478
  • PK TAoM v0.01 scr2.JPG
    PK TAoM v0.01 scr2.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • PK TAoM v0.01 scr3.JPG
    PK TAoM v0.01 scr3.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • PK TAoM v0.01 scr4.JPG
    PK TAoM v0.01 scr4.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,150
  • PK TAoM v0.01 scr5.JPG
    PK TAoM v0.01 scr5.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • ParKour 0.02.w3x
    551.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Level 19
Looks rather nice. But I suggest you set how all the parkour stuff is done.
You could make it like a side scroller/platformer type, where Up could mean jump and Down as slide.
Pressing Up twice and mashing some keys could mean like Double Jumps or something.

Lastly, if you dont want to make it a platformer, top down the cam but with same controls.

Level 5
Looks rather nice. But I suggest you set how all the parkour stuff is done.
You could make it like a side scroller/platformer type, where Up could mean jump and Down as slide.
Pressing Up twice and mashing some keys could mean like Double Jumps or something.

Lastly, if you dont want to make it a platformer, top down the cam but with same controls.

Top down perspective?
That might mess with height-judging and all. Just saying. A side scroller seems more efficient. Or if it were a 3rd person type, oh, w00t.

Ok, thanks for bug report :)

Progress for the day:
Completely remade the jump and fall system, so now it is way more realistic and bugless. You can now jump over or on stuff if you want.

Things to work on next:
Character Customization - I have enough resources, but it is not too crucial for the gameplay, so it can wait.
Vault System - jumping over benches, boxes and stuff. It will be a really big part of the game, so I should work on that.
Terrain - Much, much decorating, but it also isn't too important for now, so it can also wait.

New version coming out soon.

For about a year and a half now. I am 15 years old. I can do most of the vaults (speed, lazy, monkey, dash, kong, underbar), but I love climbing and jumping more. Defeating obstacles gives me some special satisfaction. I live in Belgrade, Serbia, and always train in Kalemegdan, also known as Singidunum, the Fortress of Belgrade. It has lots of old walls, bridges and towers which are ideal for my style. I have a friend who trains half year longer than me. He's just a few hours older, but he is way stronger, can do all vaults (including kash) on very high and long obstacles, extremely strong, especially upper body, so he is good at hand stands, hand walking and similar. He can also do palm spin, wall spin and frontflip.

Level 1
Reminds me of myself always parkouring through my school and then again bad idea to jump down about our 5 feet staircase,. (i already did it then OUCH! a small crack in the femur).
But keep this parkour map up....

Status
Not open for further replies.