• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren Noble

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Okay, since some of you wanted some other model from me(just for description? xD) Here it is.
I dug out old model i made over a year ago. I wanted custom pandaren for my rp. I had few requirements i didnt want animations with anything in pandaren's hands, and he had to have no hat all. So i requested edit of stormpandaren model from brewmaster's ultimate. Someone kindly made my request, but it turned out a bit weird, since Blizz is lazy as shit and overly aggressive with optimazing the game(back in 2002) and they made panda head's back to look like that Xenomorph thing from Prometheus, you know that spiky head.... so... it pretty much it looked like that. Also ears were flopping over his head at comfortable altitiude of 5 centmetres or something like that.....

To add salt to a wound it didnt have anims prepared, so i decided that if i want something done right, i should do it myself. I was looking for english version of mdlvis few months earlier to use it to optimize stuff for my maps, but i never really tried to do anything, so i began to experiment with it, akwardly findout how to edit UV wraps, how to move vertices on workplanes.
After a day i got familiar enough to work over the model - operation 'Panda Edit' began. I run into same issues with spiky head when i deleted the hat. So i tried my best to convert Earth pandaren head to this model replacing old head with Magos' Model editor. I removed the effects for lightnings, reused blabla animas for proper death animations and so on. Then i decided to use earth's pandaren robe aswell because it looks the best from the bunch, with thee gold lines like actualy noble's robe. Then slow fixing of clipping and UV wrapping(around the torso mostly) came. I reshaped the shoulder area, then reanimated few bones of the robe to eliminate the clipping. Model was ready, after 3 days of work. Sadly i lost interest in roleplay with that character not so long afterwards, so i was left with panda model that wasnt really used by me at all.
I wouldnt even recall it if not recent work on Maiev's model, and since i noticed people liked it alot, i thought i should give that panda a try too. So.. here it is!

Long story short - was bored + wanted small edit of panda for custom character, which didnt go so well, so i picked up mdlvis and learned to use it while editing it myself, learned some about magos too back then.
Stuff changed(if my memory serves me well):
-Edit of stormpanda model to have no hat,
-earth pandaren proper hatless head import to,
-changed texture,
-removed lightning effects,
-proper death animations,
-tweaks to clothing parts of the model,
-UV rewrapping of entire torso, and soulders for more hq look,(i used skirt part of robe to get more high quality buttons on the chest for example)
-blizzerd rant somewhere here

Enjoy!

As always you have full freedom to edit it, it's ingame resource anyway. So make your OCD calm, make it more fancy or cut it in half and fuse with pink unicorn if you will, i dont care. However if you're kind enough to credit me for editing this model it would be nice tho.

P.S. I know that portrait is just earth pandaren, but to make stuff easier for people i just uploaded it together with the ingame model.
Previews
Contents

Pandaren Noble (Model)

Pandaren Noble Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Way too simple edit. Works in-game. Sent to substandard.
Level 14
To be honest, this does not have much of a change over the basic model...
Well it was my first attempt and first edit, after doing small edits over the last year with many other models to smaller or bigger extend i got better. This one is mostly geoset import(the head) change of texture, minor model tweaks to few areas, and mostly rewrapping the texture at chest and skirt( i didnt like this black sections on the trim and skirt, and on the chest buttons were ugly as hell and blurry). Maiev is recent edit. I will probably do more of these kind of edits.(like Maiev's)

looks like someone was annoyed enough to learn stuff xD kinda like me
Yea xD, it's funny because same motivation were behind my maps. For example i was annoyed other versions of Loap before, so i took Loap Classic and made my own balanced and roleplay oriented version.(mostly because i was utterly annoyed by stupid loaps which made one or more op factions or very stupid themes and often were edits of edits of other edits). Tho Loap isnt really popular, Azeroth Roleplay is.(last time i checked it gets around 16-17 hosts per day, and loap is stuck at 16 since few months xD)

Well it was my first attempt and first edit, after doing small edits over the last year with many other models to smaller or bigger extend i got better. This one is mostly geoset import(the head) change of texture, minor model tweaks to few areas, and mostly rewrapping the texture at chest and skirt( i didnt like this black sections on the trim and skirt, and on the chest buttons were ugly as hell and blurry). Maiev is recent edit. I will probably do more of these kind of edits.(like Maiev's)

Yea xD, it's funny because same motivation were behind my maps. For example i was annoyed other versions of Loap before, so i took Loap Classic and made my own balanced and roleplay oriented version.(mostly because i was utterly annoyed by stupid loaps which made one or more op factions or very stupid themes and often were edits of edits of other edits). Tho Loap isnt really popular, Azeroth Roleplay is.(last time i checked it gets around 16-17 hosts per day, and loap is stuck at 16 since few months xD)

You should always continue working improving your work, but it does not mean that this model will be approved, since it is only a minor edit.

Level 14
You should always continue working improving your work, but it does not mean that this model will be approved, since it is only a minor edit.
Well for me it can be even substandard i just want people to have some use of it. Model was meant to be be edit with tweaks/fixes and retexture and rewrapping of stormpandaren. It wasnt supposed to be anything too fancy.
It suitable for nobility, pandaren ambassador or leader. I dont know what i could add or improve here unless i feel like to reanimate some clothing to eliminate minor clipping entirely, but its so minor and is in original. I doubt anyone would notice such time consuming change they didnt notice in original.
It was meant to be plain and simple it had some work behind it and i see no real space to improve it in meaningful way.
It is what intended to create - hatless pandaren with no weapons in his hands and good looking robe with properly working animations.

Well for me it can be even substandard i just want people to have some use of it. Model was meant to be be edit with tweaks/fixes and retexture and rewrapping of stormpandaren. It wasnt supposed to be anything too fancy.
It suitable for nobility, pandaren ambassador or leader. I dont know what i could add or improve here unless i feel like to reanimate some clothing to eliminate minor clipping entirely, but its so minor and is in original. I doubt anyone would notice such time consuming change they didnt notice in original.
It was meant to be plain and simple it had some work behind it and i see no real space to improve it in meaningful way.
It is what intended to create - hatless pandaren with no weapons in his hands and good looking robe with properly working animations.

Fair enough. I salute your efford then.