• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pain within the Depths 2.7

!!!If u test in singleplayer use -crazy mode!!!

7 Game modes
24 Hereos each with 1 Standart skill, 3 specail skills and some with passives
1 Arena
A Duel Mode

You have to Push your opponents into deep water to damage them.
If you die you will loose all your gold.
If you kill someone you gain one Attribute point (wood) buy Stat-Boni for the points.
You win by reaching the modes Goal. (look Quests)
At beginnig you can also vote for or against the duel system.

Game mods and credits are in the Quests.

Mana-necklace
-It is always a good idea to buy a Mana-necklace in early game, to cast many spells in a short time.
Str AND Agi
-Always buy Agi and Str, you will need both.
Waterdamage
-Waterdamage will increase over time. (the Waterdamage you see on the Multiboard is the dmg per 0.5 seconds.)
Duell
-You start every Duell with full hp and resetet cooldowns.
Multiboard
-On the Multiboard you see the player, the amount of kills the player have and then the deaths.

2.4b:
-added disbtn icons for heroes
-translatet loadscreen
-added prewiev image

2.4c:
-Fixed a Bug with Time displacement
-Fixed few translations
-Fixed many little bugs
-added new hero "stromcaller"
-Reworked quests/credits
-fixed a bug with the duel voting
-removed massiv leak of round house throw
-Increased item give range
---hotfix---
-let go anchor and thunder pentagram don´t make a selfkill

2.4d:
-fixed many minor bugs
-many balancing fixes
-better discription

2.5:
-reworked all spell tooltipps
-reworked part of kill system
-fixed minor bugs
-added hero "Time turtle"
-added hero "Medusa"
-added hero "Sasquatch"
-changed skills of "Admiral"
-removed leaks from ice ball and time displacement
-reworked part of the knockback system
-balancing fixes
-reworked multiboard
-added a tips section in the quest
-added a little more terrain/Doodads
-many minor other fixes/changes
-changed Map Type to "Arena", i think its fit more
---hotfix---
-fixed a bug with Helm of floods and helm of defence

2.6:
-Fixed many Memory leaks
-Fixed a bug with Icy brick
-changed Command Icons
-smallerd the map a little
-added hero Hellraiser

2.6 b:
-smallered map by ~50%
-new Loadscreen
-new Preeviewscreen

-fixed a bug where Blinkstrike didn´t dealt knockback
-fixed a Leak of Leap
-fixed a bug were the Shark could kill himself
-fixed two typos in the Loadscreen
-fixed a bug where the Nuclear Wave didn´t stunned Enemys
-fixed a bug where Bash didn´t knockback the enemy
-Reduced Cooldown of Roundhouse Throw
-added hero Banshee Witch
-added hero Shellbreaker
-added hero Monster hunter
-reworked describtion on Hive

-a "killed himself message
-more Hereos
-bug fixes (pls report them if u find some)

Keywords:
Murloc, Naga, Sailor, Ocean, Caribbean, Arena, Deathmatch, Water, Hero
Contents

Pain within the Depths 2.7 (Map)

Reviews
20:52, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
I just test map for 5 min in single player mode :grin: Map looks unique, and looks good....Add disbtn part of icons into the map, also you need message if you die by yourself "murlock killed himself" or something like that:wink:

Level 3
thanks for comment =)
but the problem is u don´t really can kill urself in a game with other players ;) but maybe i will make it so that it´s "killed by himself is when u are 30 unattackt" i will look ;)
and yes u are right not addet disbtn to all icons (i´m a bit lazy^^)

Level 12
Yes,it is easy,make picture size 128 x 128 in Targa (tga) format, import in map and set name of imported file to "war3mapPreview" :wink: You made map and you dont now to make preview image ,that is like baby first learn to run and then to walk :xxd: I will test map soon with other players :thumbs_up: + REP for your work!

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

That's a brand new mini-game you got there, and i have to admit it, it's really good.You choose between some water creatures with the purpose of drowing the enemy players creatures!

[+]Your map file size is big for a mini-game(they usually are lower than 1mb) but that's nothing to worry about since you make excellent use of the imported stuff.
[+]You also have an Arena system, picking players and forcing them to fight...until someone reaches the bottom!
[+]Your idea was original.
[+]Your spells are interesting, with nice and proper icons.
[+]Your map was protected but i didn't notice any lag in game neither did i experience any crashes.
[-]You have to improve your description though, players should be informed about the map they are downloading.A few game tips would also help.
[-]You need better tooltips, as i think your current ones aren't really detailed.
[-]I found few typos, and i think you should also improve your game's look by following a few simple rules over your grammar like starting each item's name with capital letters, for example instead of agi-book you could write Agility-Book.This is looking way better.
[-]Your terrain was good, but you had a lot of empty space in your map.I'm pretty sure you can find a use for it, how about making more special events like the arena?How about something like a big Naga Boss where all players ally and have to kill it?

Overall rating:3/5
Your map deserves to be approved, but there is always some space for improvement.You could also try implementing an Arrow Key Movement system, although you will have to test it in order to see if it really matches your mini-game.
~ r3

Level 12
Intresting map,the terrain is good,I really like that when you walk to the spikes you are pushed.The description is little messy...But it was fun i just played in single player :p +rep

Level 1
i've tried a 8ppl game, but one of my friends got 100%cpu(though it's old computer)
and then i tried a 2 ppl game but he still got pretty delay.

Is that possible to improve the performance?
-
btw, losing all money after death makes ppl hard to buy items, could it be partial penalty and decrease with death times?
thought that $200 for the win should be tuned to much more money

Level 3
i've tried a 8ppl game, but one of my friends got 100%cpu(though it's old computer)
and then i tried a 2 ppl game but he still got pretty delay.

Is that possible to improve the performance?
-
btw, losing all money after death makes ppl hard to buy items, could it be partial penalty and decrease with death times?
thought that $200 for the win should be tuned to much more money

Yes i know the problem with the performence but i don´t know how to change (maybe not possible).
The thing with the money: yes i was also thinking about that, first i made it this way so u have to stay alive long for getting the pokal (it was the first mode i made) but now,.... maybe i change it next version