Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Overwatch is OverAWEXOME

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by Kyrbi0, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Lol imagine a distopian future where the SSP raided a den of 'white supremacists' and it was on the obligatory news: "Today the Safe Space Police arrested a gang of race criminals who had taken off their white privilege tracking collars and had bi-weekly meetings about how their wives supposedly took their children away from them. The Safe Space Police had to whether an onslaught of bigoted slurs, but in the end managed to calm their PTSD and apprehend the criminals."

This is getting way off-topic, though. We should get back on track on how 'awexome' OW is... and how unforgiving it is to people who can't 360 noscope... like all online shooters, actually. *single tear*

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, and verily he shall be known as a prophet...

~~~

Yeah, Overwatch. I'm hoping to play some this weekend. In the mean-time, TF2!!

3. Swan

Swan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why do you assume non-binary genders are made up?

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He stated a belief, not an assumption.

However, I'm 102℅ certain this isn't the topic to get into that. Medivh's Tower awaits.

5. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    All these genders came into existence only recently and are merely personality flavours on male or female. Also the idea that a person can flip-flop on their gender is just insulting to transgender people.
    But Kyrbi0 is right, not the place for this, so I'm not gonna respond to that anymore on here.

6. Swan

Swan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd agree, this is probably not the place.

7. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let this sweetie bring us back to topic. ;) Or maybe the opposite of what the topic is as I'll point out why I think Overwatch isn't awesome.

Every time I watch an Overwatch trailer I think to myself, what an epic looking game with an amazing story that players will never get to explore... I don't think there's any trailer I've ever liked better than the Hanzo trailer yet I have still not bought the game because I know in the back of my head that his story is never going to develop past this point. Hanzo is however not the only bad@$$ character, we also have Ana, Amélie(widowmaker), Sombra and everyone's favourite lesbian Lena a.k.a. Tracer. But the sad reality is that their story is never going to be developed. Certainly I can't be the only one with this issue?

8. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Eh, it does somewhat bother me, but it's not a dealbreaker. I mostly held-off from buying the game because during the beta I found out that I was particularly bad at this game. It's only during a discounted price period that I caved and got the game since all my internet friends were playing it. I did manage to get a bit better at the game, so I guess it was worth it.

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love and play TF2. Does that answer your question in regards to "does a lack of story in a game bug me?" : )

Seriously though, ah dannae. Some games the story is all that matters to me, like Warcraft (I basically don't play multiplayer). Others... Not so much.

Still awexome!

10. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I bought Overwatch right at the moment it is released, too bad my beefy laptop can not handle it even with lowest setting.

11. Have you tried ridiculously low resolution?

12. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even with lowest resolution. It requires a fast SSD storage drive, while mine is HDD.

13. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    My OW is installed on an HDD, and it runs fine at the highest settings. Are you sure it's not something else causing the issue? Have you contacted Blizzard about this issue? They might be able to help you.

14. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I never try to contract them. I forgot to mention about my internet connection, its using secured internet of my university... problematic.

15. I have OW on HDD. :)

If you can't connect to battle.net (this link doesn't take you to the front page) then yes your university might be blocking the connection.