• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overriding doodad capacity in maps without JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what it says.
I want to remove the maximum number of placeable objects in the game but i don't want to get involved with jass programs and such.

Also, I have another question for those viewing. Can game cache files be read in multiplayer games.
Like if i wanted to have a 2 player campaign with multiple maps, and i wanted to save a hero and use it in the next map?
I know that savee/load codes can be used. I was just wondering

To keep it simple, put a (1) in front of your reply if responding to first question, and a (2) if responding to the second. Thank you.

Level 40
A hash table is basically an array which references objects by objects rather than integers.

In warcraft, they can only be done by strings (Technically), but H2I allows you to do them for all types.

JASS:
library someLib initializer init
globals
    gamecache hash
endglobals
private function init takes nothing returns nothing
    call FlushStoredMission(InitGameCache("hashcache.w3v"))
    set hash = InitGameCache("hashcache.w3v")
endfunction
endlibrary

call StoreXXX(hash,"id 1","id 2",<value>)//works for integer, string, real, boolean

If you have JassCraft or TESH, look up StoreString/StoreInteger/(etc)/GetStored(whatever)/FlushStored(whatever)/etc.

Basically, stuff to do with gamecaches.

1)Well the WEU has a patch which you can aply to remove the object limit.
WEU = World Editor Unlimited

2)The gamecaches can be read in multiplayer games what do you think RPG use when using -save;-load systems?
Sorry if this sounded harsh.

I thought weu doesn't work anymore? Like a couple patches ago.

A hash table is basically an array which references objects by objects rather than integers.

In warcraft, they can only be done by strings (Technically), but H2I allows you to do them for all types.

If you have JassCraft or TESH, look up StoreString/StoreInteger/(etc)/GetStored(whatever)/FlushStored(whatever)/etc.

Basically, stuff to do with gamecaches.

It seems the two of you are saying different things about the cache files.
what I want to know, is if me n a friend were to play a 2 player game and save our heroes as a game cache at the end, then load that game cache with a different map, would that work?

Level 40
I thought weu doesn't work anymore? Like a couple patches ago.
Use JNGP or just raw WE No Limits, as I said.

It seems the two of you are saying different things about the cache files.
what I want to know, is if me n a friend were to play a 2 player game and save our heroes as a game cache at the end, then load that game cache with a different map, would that work?
As I said, you can't. I was just responding to some other question.

--

It's not as if you can disable the doodad limit with Jass.

As I said, you can't. I was just responding to some other question.

--

It's not as if you can disable the doodad limit with Jass.

Yes, i understandd that, but most people would suggest newgen, which isn't what i wana get into.

as for the second part, i assumed you both were responding to the gamecache question. but i have my answer. thanks everyone for the help.

SOLVED!

Check out my other thread "Maps Section" in site discussion if you get the chance.

Level 8
I used newgen from the start and I don't even write in Jass. It does have some handy tools like easily editing tooltip colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.