• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
One of the spells in my altered melee map seems a little too powerful, but I need opinions. It's a hero's ultimate ability called "Scourge" and here's what it does:

125 mana, 60 second cooldown.
When used it dispells all magic in the playable map area and deals 1000 damage to every summoned unit.

Is this too powerful?

Level 3
i would need to hear some more details of your map, with only this info i couldnt tell if it is overpowered or not.

from that info you gave so far i could just tell you the mana cost is way to low, and that 1000 damage is way to much, most of the summoned warcraft 3 units dont come even close to 1000.

but it really depends:
if you use alot of summoned units or summoning spells i would set the damage lower, and since it looks more like an ultimate ability too me you should atleast give it a 175 to 200 mana cast.

Level 5
Well... the maps an altered melee, and the race that the Hero belongs to has a lot of summoned units (They also take damage) so its a big disadvantage to them too... does that make up for it being overpowered?

Level 11
I for one believe it's decent for an ultimate. Let's just think about it: Dispel Magic is not even a Hero ability and does this on a smaller area and still does average summoning damage. This skill is very well balanced considering that summoning units are not THAT useful. Besides, there ARE better ultimates. Maybe change the mana cost to 150 but that's all. In my opinion is decent. And what's the problem with 1000 damage again? Ok, see how much life has Avatar of Vengeance and change it to its life-100.

Level 3
hey "i know everything better" guy, since he uses alot of summoned units they might have SOME use.

another thing: since he said it is an altered Melee map, how the fuck do you know what other Ultimates he has made or is using.

more:"""And what's the problem with 1000 damage again? Ok, see how much life has Avatar of Vengeance and change it to its life-100."""
first of all how the fuck do you wanna know if he is using Avatar of Vengeance. second of all i would definetly say: if an ultimate kills all the Summoned units of the enemy (especially the race which uses alot of Summoned Units) and leaves only Avatar of Vegeance (we still dont know if he is using that unit) with 100 Life points, it is fuck ing overpowered!!!
the 1000 damage "thing" depends on alot of other factors that you have to think about:
how much life do the other summoned units have.
how many of em have more or less then 1000 life points, and alot of other stuff i am to lazy to list now.
i hope this forum censors automaticly
Edited:
fucking somehow didnt got censored so i did it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.