• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overkill 24p Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, i've heard that my old post about 24p of MobA would be an overkill. I guess you guys were right all along.

yPTr0Ke.png

p8OnaQq.png

Well, should these 24p maps only be in RPGs, Sports or MELEE?
My opinion is yes!

Level 15
It would be cool to see mass movement or trade systems utilizing it more so that each player has a AI slot associated to it.

But as the thread is about 24 players, and not 24 slots... I mostly find it to be a pain and most maps should stick to a maximum of 16, so that the host doesn't get any funny ideas.

There is certainly a special place in hell reserved for hosts that want to wait for up to 24 players when the map isn't really able to accommodate all of them properly.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
There is certainly a special place in hell reserved for hosts that want to wait for up to 24 players when the map isn't really able to accommodate all of them properly.
Well it's not the host's fault if the map enables 24 players itself, even if it isn't able to accommodate all of them.

So basically, taking your own words: There is certainly a special place in hell reserved for mapmakers that want to do a 24 player map when it isn't really able to accommodate all of them properly.

When making a map, one should be smart enough to know what's the max players the map should handle, not the host.
Watching 24 player maps around are quite rare because of the mentioned reasons everyone described, yet it is possible to do of course.

Level 15
Well it's not the host's fault if the map enables 24 players itself, even if it isn't able to accommodate all of them.

So basically, taking your own words: There is certainly a special place in hell reserved for mapmakers that want to do a 24 player map when it isn't really able to accommodate all of them properly.

When making a map, one should be smart enough to know what's the max players the map should handle, not the host.
Watching 24 player maps around are quite rare because of the mentioned reasons everyone described, yet it is possible to do of course.

The map maker is filled with dreams of joy and laughter, he may be naive but I can forgive that. The host on the other hand knows exactly what he is doing and what havoc he is releasing upon his fellow gaming community. There is only malice in his heart and you can hear it as he laughts for each passed minute extra inside a *ALMOST* full lobby.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
I also hate those hosts who always want a fullhouse 24p when it isn't needed. The worst part is that they prefer wasting 30-60 mins for fulhouse instead of starting the game when they can and replay the map 3-5 just within an hour. And then complain that people leave in 2-5 mins, when they need "patience". While the host just afks and alt tab, really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.