• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Outpost

Reactions: deepstrasz
Draenei Outpost

"The very place prince Kael'Thas pledged Illidan his loyalty. Soon after Illidans forces left, a bloody fight erupted between some Dreaneiclans and other creatures attracted by the magic. Be careful when using the portals. You never know where they lead to."

2x Green (7) - Lesser Voidwalker(1), Succubus(3), Voidwalker(3)
Drops Random Level 1 Power Up

2x Green (7) - 2x Draenei Protector(2), Draenei Watcher(3)
Drops Random Level 1 Permanent

2x Green (9) - 3x Lesser Voidwalker(1), Greater Voidwalker(6)
Drops Random Level 2 Charged + Random Level 1 Power Up

2x Green (9) - Vile Temptress(6), Fel Beast(3)
Drops Random Level 2 Permanent + Random Level 1 Power Up

2x Orange (12) Laboratory - Felguard(2), 2x Voidwalker(3), Eredar Sorcerer(4)
Drops Random Level 3 Permanent

2x Orange (13) Merchant - 3x Dalaran Reject(1), Sludge Flinger(3), Fel Ravager(7)
Drops Random Level 3 Charged

2x Orange (14) - 2x Succubus(3), Voidwalker(3), Renegade Wizard(5)
Drops Random Level 2 Permanent + Random Level 2 Power Up

2x Orange (15) Mercenary - Fel Beast(3), Voidwalker(3), Eredar Sorcerer(4), Infernal Contraption(5)
Drops Random Level 4 Permanent

2x Orange (15) Expansion - 2x Draenei Protector(2), Draenei Harbinger(4), Fel Ravager(7)
Drops Random Level 3 Charged + Level 2 Power Up

2x Red (20) - Infernal Contraption(5), Greater Voidwalker(6), Eredar Warlock(9)
Drops Random Level 5 Permanent + Random Level 1 Power Up
Contents

Outpost (Map)

Outpost (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So for once a map where waygates are actually used in a manner that could make sense. Overall I have mixed feelings about this map. What I like: 1. As mentioned above, the waygates are used in an interesting way. They are not forced upon the players...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So for once a map where waygates are actually used in a manner that could make sense. Overall I have mixed feelings about this map.
What I like:
1. As mentioned above, the waygates are used in an interesting way. They are not forced upon the players, but can become relevant in certain situations, mostly if a player expands.
2. Generally balanced creeps and items.
3. The layout (even if there were land connections instead of the gates) feels really unique, and nevertheless I think it could work.

What I dont like that much:
4. The expansions are really far away from the main bases, even further than on TM. Expanding will not be easy at all.
5. There are two creepspots near the base which give a relatively safe lvl 2 to hu/ne, which is uncommon imho. Especially the lab with the highground is hard to harass. Normally on the current ladder maps, to get your first hero to lvl 2, you either have to take two camps, or take a camp that leaves you somewhat exposed to harass (EI/LR/TM merc camps, CH lab). However, you could argue that NI is a counterexample, so maybe it's ok.
6. With very few trees, some of which are blocked by doodads, I would rate this a rather nightelf-unfriendly map in the current meta.
7. The map currently has no ingame description.

What I have mixed feeling about:
8. While I like the use of a nonstandard merc camp, I used to consider the outland merc camp as a pro-human merc camp, since the draenei disciple can only heal but not dispell, and starts with a low amount of mana, which compared to the forest troll shadowpriest makes him much less useful for anyone without brilliance aura. However, since nowadays all races go have summons early on often, the lack of dispell might now longer be an indirect buff to humans only. Not sure if I might just be overthinking this.
9. Outland isnt really one of my favorite tilesets, but considering that I think the map still looks good.

Overall no bugs, and the potential downsides are debatable, at least until highlevel players are playing it. Map approved.

Level 4
Thanks for your feedback!
1. Edited the labs terrain. Now its lowered instead of increased. Therefore you will have somewhat of a disadventage.
2. Added more trees, to make it more playable for Nightelves with Keeper.
3. Decreased the distance between starting positions and the natural expansion. Now its only a little bit farther than on AZ.
4. Added a description.