• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Out of nowhere Models are Invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I'm currently working on this map, and I'm at least 50 hours in, but all of a sudden, all my models that have been working with no problem stopped working and became invisible, I checked the file path its they're all good, even deleted the models and reimported a few and nothing happened at all, yet I can still import models on other maps, any idea whats going on?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Are they invisible in the editor or in game? Are standard models still visible?

It could be that a permission error is preventing the editor from allocating space for the mode's temporary files during saving. It could also be that an error (eg trigger error) interrupts the save process stopping the models from being written and thus corrupting them.

Try importing the models manually using MPQEdit. They might not show in the import manager but should still be in the map if you test it.

Level 3
The models are invisible both in game and in editor mode, and yes standard models are just fine, but I'll try manually importing them and try to see if that works, thanks.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If that doesn't work, what is the last thing you remember doing before it became corrupt?

Level 3
I was making a GUI trigger with a hashtable at the time that did dmg every .04 seconds around a unit, though I don't think I did anything wrong when making it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It could be the source model file is corrupt? I mean importing a corrupt model file correctly will still not work as it was corrupt to start with.

Try different models from this site, especially ones which you know have been used or ones with good reviews. It is possible that some models will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.