• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Original Fel Orc Color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found something interesting, Chaos Orc textures have these recolored parts that are still left out.

It would seem that the original color of chaos orcs during the development of Warcraft 3 was supposed to be dark purple not orange. But for some reason they recolored purple to orange.

2sbo09w.png

Looking at the textures it's quite obvious that the original color of chaos Orcs was supposed to be purple. You can see several purple outline leftovers still remaining after the recolor.

What do you think about that? Would it have been cool to see Purple chaos orcs? Why did they recolor them from purple to orange?

This is how purple chaos orc would have looked like, I recolored orange back to purple.
15n1tvc.png

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

because he use the purple for the faceless one? :p
i think orange red-ish color is somewhat more representing a more powerfull brutal orc rather than purple design wise? thehehe.

Level 14
Nice find.
It's probably because it's color doesn't fit for becoming chaotic and stronger.
Orange is kinda suitable for them so why not to ask Blizzard about it. :p
If they got their color purple in the final game, it's more like a sick/weird chaotic orcs. Faceless would be better for the purple color.

Status
Not open for further replies.