• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orgrimmar Defense v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
i made this map when i was 10, it has many leaks, and simple bosses without spells, is very easy but anyways it's pretty fun.
I know there are much better maps on this site, but i wanna upload this anyway.
You are defending orgrimmar from attacks by humans and gnolls, by building towers, grunts, blademasters, tauren, and kor'krons. It isn't finished but there is many levels.
In the end you'll get a hero, that only can level up by buying levels.
All the models are from warcraft 3, and i got a little bit help from TehZ.

Keywords:
orgrimmar defense od orcs humans attack thrall defense hero easy very simple fun old
Contents

Orgrimmar Defense v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
17:09, 22nd Oct 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
knowing the hive community this is going to get raped and rejected. Its happened to me too...

Your description needs to be at least half a page long. no buts!
There cant be any leaks.
It has to be balanced and finished before theyll consider playing it.

anyways best of luck, maybe if youre bored youll update it. Also, the terrain doesnt look very appealing, just from the minimap preview.

Level 9
Yeah make a map preview and improve the description alot!

Description and Package: 1/10
Originality: 4/10
Gameplay: 5/10
Balance: 5/10

Final Result: 3/10
Gameplay:I think this map is made too play, in more than one player. They smashed down my army of 2 towers, 8 grunts in just 2 minutes! Has potential if you add more units, special events and some extra special stuff.

Balance: Because every one play as the same race, it seems pretty balanced.

Originality: There are alot of this kind of map, and you need too make it more diffrent from other defence maps.

Description: Increase the description and add a map preview.

But one thing, i suck at playing defences, so it went pretty bad.

I will vote for Rejection Sorry...

Last edited:
Level 28
Darkzealot said:
lightbolt's review is marked. And also, 60 kb? I think the map is a little small.
Since when and why?

Wrong.
There cant be any leaks.
Not always true (it's true for all spawn-based maps, which is the majority).
Probably true ^^

To everyone who posted anything more-or-less destructive here (or in either case, not constructive), I am planning to hand out punishments for that later (once everyone's been warned and everyone knows those little rules).
So with this (and the 0-rep), you're all warned not to do so again.
This ALSO counts for "bad description"-comments!

Level 2
kinda knew this would get rejected. I was totally n00b when i made this.

Yeah make a map preview and improve the description alot!

Description and Package: 1/10
Originality: 4/10
Gameplay: 5/10
Balance: 5/10

Final Result: 3/10
Gameplay:I think this map is made too play, in more than one player. They smashed down my army of 2 towers, 8 grunts in just 2 minutes! Has potential if you add more units, special events and some extra special stuff.

Balance: Because every one play as the same race, it seems pretty balanced.

Originality: There are alot of this kind of map, and you need too make it more diffrent from other defence maps.

Description: Increase the description and add a map preview.

But one thing, i suck at playing defences, so it went pretty bad.

I will vote for Rejection Sorry...

That's not true. The first enemys spawn after 5 min.
I have 61 custom units in this map, how many would you like?
And if you really think this is to hard (it's not i can easily win this with double difficulty.) then you should reduce the diff.

Vote for rejection:
-Poor description
-Map is boring
-Map is simple and can be easily made
-Leaks
-Poor terrain
This map doesn't seem it'll be approved any time soon. Basically the current description tells us why the map should be rejected.
RATING: N/A REJECTION

it's not protected, it is simple but can't be easily made.
I have 21 levels, and every level has to be a little harder than the one before,
so to know how strong each enemy is ill need this:
hp*damage reduction*(average damage/cooldown)
and then to balance that with your units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
You should take a look at the other maps on the Hive and see how much quality the maps have. You should read more tutorials and play around with the triggers till you're confident enough to make a high quality map which is playable yet fun to be played while being interesting and unique at the same time to catch the players attention.

Level 2
knowing the hive community this is going to get raped and rejected. Its happened to me too...

There cant be any leaks.

anyways best of luck, maybe if youre bored youll update it. Also, the terrain doesnt look very appealing, just from the minimap preview.

it doesn't crash before you have won or lost, because of leaks.
it has a proper discription,
it's balanced and totally playable.
i've seen many unfinished maps that got approved,
it's unfinished because it doesn't have many levels (only 21) and only very few items.

Level 28
Would you please not multi-post? I've merged them for now, but you'll be rewarded with -1 rep the next time.

it is simple but can't be easily made.
Depends on your definition of "easy".
I think it's easy to create this, but that's just me.

i've seen many unfinished maps that got approved
That's true, because the rules say (or at least said) something like "A map must be playable", which means that the gameplay must be about completed, yet the game doesn't need to be.
You didn't break any rules here though, and that's not the reason of the rejection.

A lot of people say a map has to be completed, not to be annoying, but to help your cause.
If nobody did, then everyone would upload alpha/beta-maps here while they actually belong in map development.

I have 61 custom units in this map, how many would you like?
Quality > quantity.
I'd prefer you spend hours on a single custom unit than on hundreds of units.
If each custom unit would have its own AI and custom spells, then obviously it would be better than semi-standard units.
It's not a matter of how many one would like.

kinda knew this would get rejected. I was totally n00b when i made this.
Please don't upload maps which you think are going to get rejected, it's a waste of time for both me and you.