• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orgrimmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Orgrimmar ~ Updated

Still WIP's. Semi-based on Orgrimmar as seen in WoW

The Orcs funded Orgrimmar in search for peace,
but now the drums of war sound once again,
will the orcs ever find an own place in the world?

UPDATE:
Changed fog color and added 5 more shots

Attachments

• Org WIP 01.JPG
    Org WIP 01.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Org WIP 02.JPG
    Org WIP 02.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Org WIP 03.JPG
    Org WIP 03.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 345
  • Org WIP 04.JPG
    Org WIP 04.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 376
  • Org WIP 05.JPG
    Org WIP 05.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 319
  • Org WIP 06.JPG
    Org WIP 06.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 787
  • Org WIP 07.JPG
    Org WIP 07.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 368
  • Org WIP 08.JPG
    Org WIP 08.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 365
  • Org Overview WIP 02.JPG
    Org Overview WIP 02.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Level 6
The terrain itself looks good, it almost seems like a picture from wow, but why not take different camera angles?
You should try to give the impressions that ogrimmar is huge and imposing; a true capital for all the orcs.
Like that it doesn't look nearly as grand as it should look. And why the red fog? Ogri isn't in Outland as far as i know :p

Level 3
Ah, Orgrimmar. The old standby. Needs more environmental doodads and needs to be BIGGER! Orgrimmar is supposed to be huge, not a tiny strip of land between two walls closing the ends of a valley between two little hills! Just using a few of the wall models in the UTM and calling it Orgrimmar isn't going to cut it.

Check this one out for some guidance:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35639

Also, try making the fog the color of the dirt, the red kinda detracts from the atmosphere.

Level 6
but why not take different camera angles?

Well, it's stilla WIP so I just took some shots to show my progress when it's done I'll make some good shots

You should try to give the impressions that ogrimmar is huge and imposing; a true capital for all the orcs
Needs more environmental doodads and needs to be BIGGER! Orgrimmar is supposed to be huge, not a tiny strip of land between two walls closing the ends of a valley between two little hills! Just using a few of the wall models in the UTM and calling it Orgrimmar isn't going to cut it.

As mentioned before this is still a WIP so more enviromental stuff is comming later, and the second wall you see is just... the second wall and this is only a small part of the city. I think of Org as one of the coolest cities so yes I will make it epic and not quickly finish it of. My Orgrimmar isn't just going to be a WoW version rip-off, I will use my own ideas and ideas I got from both Org as seen in WoW and in WC3:TFT.

Red fog = bad
And why the red fog? Ogri isn't in Outland as far as i know :p

Well, I thought red fog looks nice...

also, try making the fog the color of the dirt, the red kinda detracts from the atmosphere

Ok, I'll work on that.

More grunts = good

Grunt Power!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the feedback and sugestions:thumbs_up:

Level 34
Well wc3:WoW has you beat, but they also have a better supply of doodads. I'd say this is pretty darn good for the doodads at your disposal.

Level 6
Yeah, but WC3:WoW is just... a copy of WoW, and as you said they have darn good doodads.

I want to make an own Org, with my own ideas just semi-based on the one seen in WoW

Level 6
Hmmm, I think they fit in just right, but if more people share UchihaSasuke.gr's opinion plz tell so and i'll change.

Level 6
A poor mage, chilling out in Orgrimmar after an intensive raid, but then...
attachment.php

A Human rogue ambusher her! Panic spreads through all of Orgrimmar!
attachment.php

But ofcourse Overlord Saurfang be more than happy to fix that:grin:
attachment.php

Again these poor baby's are saved from danger:wink:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Story.JPG
    Story.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 438
  • Story 2.JPG
    Story 2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 401
  • Story 3.JPG
    Story 3.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,808
  • Baby.JPG
    Baby.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 357

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't really like it. The fog didn't fit (glad you changed it), and it has almost no texture variation, not to mention that the ground textures were used badly.
I'm not even going to count with the last one. In my opinion the terrain needs more natural feeling rather than just mass custom doodads.
3/5.

Level 6
I don't really like it. The fog didn't fit (glad you changed it), and it has almost no texture variation, not to mention that the ground textures were used badly.
I'm not even going to count with the last one. In my opinion the terrain needs more natural feeling rather than just mass custom doodads.
3/5.

The tiles and stuff I fix later, these are still WIP's
And i'm not massing some custom doodads, i'm trying to make an actual city, there are A LOT of blizzard doodads in it.
Also, did you ever tried making a city and do you know how it is to place all the doodads in it?(nothing offensive, just a question).

In the rest you need to tone down the fog and change it to more of a beige color. Red isn't right for good old Orgi.

I changed the red already^^

Number 6 and number 9 suck in the first post.

For the 10th time, >>>> They are WIP's <<<<< ofcourse they lack a lot of things. And 9 is just an overview of what i've done so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.