• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Organizing Unit Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This question is a lot well not really alot but i well be separating them.

1.how do i organize the unit icons in a building like i want to replace the barrack units to a grunt and raider but instead of where the footman and rifleman icon originally was the grunt and raider are now in the 3rd and 4th icon box in the barrack(i deleted the knight)

2.Organizing Upgrades like i'm making custom spellcaster so they will have thier own upgrades meaning thier adepth trainings and when i reasearch the first adept training the second adepth training well move to where i researched the first adepth training so how will i disable the icon from doing that? So in short for this dumb questions how to organize the unit icons in a building. I tried using the object editor and organize it's building unit build and available upgrade but un expectedly they are not organized i could send some screenshots if you guys want me to.

Level 21
uniteditor1.jpg

The Object Editor fields "Art - Button Position (X)" and "Art - Button Position (Y)" determine in which column and row to place the button for the unit in the command card (bottom-right interface area).

Column values range from 0 (Left-most column) to 3 (Right-most column) and row values range from 0 (top-most row) to 2 (Bottom-most row).

Buttons with the position of X = 0, Y = -11 do not occupy any command card slots, which means the player cannot click them or activate them with hotkeys. However, the unit can still access the buttons when ordered to do so by triggers/AI.

Level 9
uniteditor1.jpg

The Object Editor fields "Art - Button Position (X)" and "Art - Button Position (Y)" determine in which column and row to place the button for the unit in the command card (bottom-right interface area).

Column values range from 0 (Left-most column) to 3 (Right-most column) and row values range from 0 (top-most row) to 2 (Bottom-most row).

Buttons with the position of X = 0, Y = -11 do not occupy any command card slots, which means the player cannot click them or activate them with hotkeys. However, the unit can still access the buttons when ordered to do so by triggers/AI.
Thank you so much for explaining this to me Hermit i can now organize my unit icons.:grin::grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.