• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Organization Vs Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, I've finally picked up a very old map idea I had from a while back. Now that my friends map is pretty far along I can start working (with some new experience in map making XD) on my first map.

* Map name - Organization Vs Organization: From Dusk till Dawn (que the orgyVorgy jokes/nicknames)
* Name of the creator(s) - Rvsoldier2
* Current stage of the map - Alpha

* Summary of the map gameplay/objectives - The basic idea behind the map, is that two organizations (Akatsuki, the main villains in the anime/manga Naruto *raises flame shield*, and Organization XIII , from Kingdom Hearts, are fighting for, at the moment, unexplained reasons. The gameplay itself will be a mix of AoS/Hero Arena and some Rpg elements tossed in. Players (team 1/2) will side with a faction (unless I add an all pick mode) and work together to destroy the opponents base.

------Heroes will be picked from a group of taverns near the top of the map, and the gameplay it self will start in a forest in the center of the map. Above this forest will be a neutral city, where players can spend munny on items/extra abilities, base upgrades, etc. On opposite sides of the forest, are the entrances to the Akatsuki/XIII main bases. For a member of the opposite faction to enter, they must take out the guards/structures defending the entrance to the base.

------Once inside, there will be 4 rooms, the very last containing the "main structure" (think world tree/frozen throne in dota) that the opposite faction wishes to destroy. Various puzzles/traps/challenges must be completed once in the main base (all the while defending from/attacking the other faction, and dealing with the neutral creep in the forest area) to open up the door containing the main structure. This should add a huge team element to the game, having to coordinate offense and defense if you want to be successful.

------Once the door is opened to this final room, it won't immediately mean instant defeat for the other team. Unless every puzzle/trap/challenge has been completed, the main structure will be basically invulnerable, and the guards/structures within the room will tear the attacking team apart.

* Map features - Great team play potential, fun heroes (hopefully >.>?), *different* base style than the general AoS. Sight range during the day/night will actually play a part in the game.

* Miscellaneous Info - People that have helped me around the Hive and around my clan, my good friends Flammenwaffle and Keyblade-Riku, and of course, all the people that make kickass models/skins here. Full credits will be in game.

Screen Shots-

terrainpicqi2.png

Very basic terrain pic, side bases aren't even started yet. But I suppose its better then having no pics at all.

dtdya4.jpg

Map's icon

vexensceenudp1.jpg

Screen shot of Vexen, encasing an enemy in ice with his shield floating around him

itachiscreenypv6.jpg

Screen shot of Itachi standing near a city --> forest zone warp. Shadows and sight range can be seen.

itachiscreeny2yg9.jpg

itachiscreeny3wm0.jpg

Itachi using his first skill, Amaterasu to burn enemies in an Aoe.

demyxscreenype3.jpg

Demyx rocking out with his animationless rockin' arthas model as sight range just barely lets him see a sleeping enemy.

demyxscreeny2vr5.jpg

Demyx sending a geyser of water at said no-longer-sleeping enemy

demyxscreeny3am7.png

Just another random pic of Geyser.

Not exactly the greatest thing yet >.<;, but with some help from a few friends and some time I hope it can become a fun map. Advice/insight/random comments? (other then zomg its anime/fail/stop trying of course XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.