• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Slasher Pack (WotR)

"Long armed, bow-legged sword wielding minions of Sauron."

Keywords: Lord, Of, The, Rings, Orc, Slasher, Goblin, Lotr, War, Ring, Tolkien, Mordor, Evil

Inspirational concept art - 25_Orc_Color_300dpi | HIVE

Changes
-Updated model's internal name from Militia to Orc Slasher
-Added 'Weapon Ref'
-Updated Texture
-Updated Arms
-Updated Head
-Fixed Blood colour (purple/black now)
-Added concept art
-Updated Head
-Updated Talking Animation
-Updated Attack Animations
-Updated All Standing Animations
-Updated to include Classic & Alternate versions
-Added Background Glow
- Added Icons
- Added updated Orc Slasher
- Added Orc Warrior
Previews
Contents

Orc Slasher (2021) (Model)

Orc Slasher (Black Orc) (Model)

Orc Slasher (Classic) (Model)

Orc Slasher Icon (Icon)

Orc Warrior (2021) (Model)

Orc Warrior Icon (Icon)

Level 65
This almost looks like its ripped from the game.
This one's obviously higher quality. Good for LOTR maps.

Thanks for the compliment?

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get that model right. His arms are a nightmare.

Right now I am working on version 2 of the Uruk Warrior before I feel confident enough to make the orc and uruk bowman from WotR. (Need practice with warcraft troll body mesh)

His waist is WAY too narrow at present, but it is hard to get him to blend in with grunts and troll headhunters with wild proportions otherwise.

Helmet - LotrO Shak-Hai Helmet
Stance - LotrO Angmar Uruk
Theme - War of the Ring

full

Last edited:
Level 65
I did indeed make the animations myself.

I based all of the animations but the walk animation off of the orc's from WotR, but the walk animation I based on the WoW geist because I couldn't mimic the orc's running animation properly :\ (Its a jog and a leap which is remarkably hard to animate)

Right now I'm working on a Stormtrooper, Dwarf Axethrower, and Orc Bowman.

Also if you're curious, I've finished reworking the Uruk Melee model - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/uruk-hai-warrior.270525/

Last edited:
Level 4
Currently working on the new mesh and texture for him, I screwed up the old one (badly) and saved over it ;_;

The new base for him is Grom Hellscream (with machete, rotella, Helm, extra bits yet added)

Since he is untextured, he looks kind of like-- a very early model for Wc3.

full
Oh god that model looks good and useful to me.

-------Now about the Orc Slasher---------
Like someone said up there, its so good that it looks like it was ripped off the game.

Level 65
New update of your model. Could you suggest adding more goblins like Goblin Spearman (Wotr) to a pack?
Hey Zasmodan, I've got good news for you;

I've got an improved Goblin Spearman who is almost ready to upload, alongside a series of new goblins
  • Goblin Spearthrower (Spear)
  • Goblin Sapper (Sword and Bomb)
  • Goblin Guard (Heavy armour)
  • Ashurz, the Goblin King (Ground scepter Hero)
  • Mazog, Lord of Caves (Ground axe/shield Hero)
  • Gorgar, Chief of Gundabad (Warg Rider dual-wielding Hero)

While Mazog and Gorgar are technically orcs, they'll still be associated with the Goblin assets

Right now I'm working on Hobbits

Level 3
Hey Zasmodan, I've got good news for you;

I've got an improved Goblin Spearman who is almost ready to upload, alongside a series of new goblins
  • Goblin Spearthrower (Spear)
  • Goblin Sapper (Sword and Bomb)
  • Goblin Guard (Heavy armour)
  • Ashurz, the Goblin King (Ground scepter Hero)
  • Mazog, Lord of Caves (Ground axe/shield Hero)
  • Gorgar, Chief of Gundabad (Warg Rider dual-wielding Hero)

While Mazog and Gorgar are technically orcs, they'll still be associated with the Goblin assets

Right now I'm working on Hobbits
That is fantastic I will look forward to it

Level 1
It's very nice to see Orcs from Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring game placed in Warcraft III. While I am not making any custom campaigns, just conceiving some concepts for fun, I have these models in my mind when envisioning the Hellborne – an underground race that appear as one of the antagonists (alongside Werewolves, Vampires, Skaven and the Drow) in a campaign about Ner'zhul and Shadowmoon Clan.