• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Assassin

a Troll Assassin That Sneaks Around Will His Dagger Killing Forces He Is Paid Too.

Update: Took Hood Off

Keywords:
Assassin, Troll
Contents

Troll Assassin (Model)

Reviews
23:03, 16th Mar 2008 Dan van Ohllus: [Pending] The crash problem is solved, but I discovered two more flaws: - The portrait camera isn't directed at the models face in-game. - In the model editor, we can see the hood. But in game, the hood isn't...

M

23:03, 16th Mar 2008
Dan van Ohllus:
[Pending]
The crash problem is solved, but I discovered two more flaws:
- The portrait camera isn't directed at the models face in-game.
- In the model editor, we can see the hood. But in game, the hood isn't there at all. I would guess it's a geomerge problem, so do a re-attach and make sure it's attached to the right bone.

General Frank: Model work ingame and performs well.

Level 13
I love how every fucking post has "ITS A TROLL" in some form in it. Yess its a f*cking troll, now comment on the model itself. Im sure all of us have screwed up wc3 lore at one time or another, no need to state the god-damn obvious.

Besides, An ork assasin would be retarded, i cant imagine one of those big green dudes sneaking around with a dagger or bow. Troll is much better imho, good choice.

Level 10
I love how every fucking post has "ITS A TROLL" in some form in it. Yess its a f*cking troll, now comment on the model itself. Im sure all of us have screwed up wc3 lore at one time or another, no need to state the god-damn obvious.

Besides, An ork assasin would be retarded, i cant imagine one of those big green dudes sneaking around with a dagger or bow. Troll is much better imho, good choice.

i agree u wouldent see the hulk with a little black hood....he would be ripping off their limbs rather than a fast painless kill he'd make it slow and dreadful:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 17

1. It's spelled 'orc', not Ork. This isn't warhammer 40k.
2. http://www.wowwiki.com/Garona - An orc assassin. Hero from WC (the first one). It says half-orc but the other half is debated and contradicted a number of times. She looks like female orcs in WoW to a great extent. - and thats what they used as her model in the WoW Beta.

As for the model, I like the concept, but the robes look like a big purple cloud, and the idea of using a bandana (even thoug the model its based on has a bandana on the face) is not a good one. Make the bandana be part of the cloak (like a raziel thing, but with a hood), or at least make them different colors.

Level 13
Im still amazed at how all these damn posts have little to do with the model.

Yess i mis-spelled orc, my bad for playing too much wh40k.

I realize that orc assasins exist, But in my opinion they just wouldnt make very much sense. Trolls on the other hand would make great assasins.

But please, lets just all get on topic and talk about the model and not that its a troll or how to properly spell orc.

Edit: Well the model submitter changed the model name to "Troll" from orc, Perfect, now maybe people will get a bit more on topic.

[Pending]

1. The model crashes when used in a map, which is a major flaw. The source problem is an unused Geoset Animation, so it can be easily be removed via Magos Model Editor. If you don't fix it and update it in 10 days, this model will be ignored.

2. Hood and knife/dagger with glow show up in the corpse (decay bone) animation.

EDIT: Modified the moderation post, since the crash problem is solved.

Last edited:
Level 5
1. It's spelled 'orc', not Ork. This isn't warhammer 40k.
2. http://www.wowwiki.com/Garona - An orc assassin. Hero from WC (the first one).

Garona is a female, the females of species tend to be smaller and more lightly built, the same goes with orcs. A male orc assassin is prettty self defeating. I agree with Massive Attack that a troll assassin much more fitting than a troll one, anyways back onto topic!

A good and useable model, i love the weapon, it looks like the dagger in the sacrifice acolyte icon