• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Just give a look at the terrain and say what u like,dont like,your opinion in every way .. i cannot SET a sky because its made in WEU ..

Attachments

• WOTHWM_Screen01.JPG
    WOTHWM_Screen01.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 167
  • WOTHWM_Screen02.JPG
    WOTHWM_Screen02.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 132
  • WOTHWM_Screen03.JPG
    WOTHWM_Screen03.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 168
  • WOTHWM_Screen04.JPG
    WOTHWM_Screen04.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 127
Level 27
Mh i dont know how long i did about it,because i was also adding buildings to the maps and some small triggers .. but this terrain didnt take to much time to create ..

Also a new attached screenshot,also you can see i use WEU because i want to create those cliffs you see on the screenshot. (still its sad i cant add a sky it would be so much nicer presentation :( )

Attachments

• WOTHWM_Screen05.JPG
    WOTHWM_Screen05.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Level 27
Increase the size of the houses and after it, use "page up and down" to focus them, you know what I mean ?

And I do not want to live that near to a cliff :p

Chaos

Yes i know what u mean with the page up page down,and also the you are ment to enter and leave the houses at the other side not the cliff side lol :p

I use WEU and I can set sky...

Can you also set sky when u have a 480x480 map?

Level 6
I realy dont know why people dont like it when u use the weu without advance things, u can still open the maps then. And why you cant set a Sky? I work with weu too because iam a lazy bitch and want the 90° cliffs without a txt change^^

But anyway back to the screens...

The first 4 Screens looks good for the start, but there are some things missing and wrong.
First the Houses are embedded in the ground, you should use the plateau tool beneath the houses.

2. You need some people in the Village it looks so empty...

3. There is a wall IN a house on screen 4!

4. When u use lanterns, then add some more not only 1^^

5. Make more use of the smooth tool.

6. On screen 3 use a wall end for the wall, it looks weird...

7. I dont realy like these big rocks near the houses, they look to big maybe size them smaller.

8. There are no garden for the houses?^^

9. You could add some working building like a hunter hut or a sawmill...

Ok i think iam done, still good work on that you can improve~

Wait i see another screen!

Dear god NO! what did you do with those cliffs, that looks horrible!
Now i knew why people disliked 90° cliffs^^
Never use raw 90° cliffs when you make something not icy.
U need a slight use of the Smooth tool, not too much just a little, and add a second texture then, never use only one when you do a 90° cliff.
Iam sorry if its harsh but that cliff is shit!

Still good luck getting better, you seem to got some capability for a terrainer.

Level 27
2. You need some people in the Village it looks so empty...
3. There is a wall IN a house on screen 4!
4. When u use lanterns, then add some more not only 1^^
5. Make more use of the smooth tool.
6. On screen 3 use a wall end for the wall, it looks weird...
7. I dont realy like these big rocks near the houses, they look to big maybe size them smaller.
8. There are no garden for the houses?^^
9. You could add some working building like a hunter hut or a sawmill...

2. I was planning for the future
3. you just think to much about details,this is no show terrain nobody will notice
4. You saw only one lantern on the screenies,in fact there are like 8-12 in the village (EDIT - You can see even more then 3 lanterns on the screenies!)
5. Yeah i could do that ..
6. Was thinking about that also,or i just let it like this..
7. Nah they give a feeling of a big world,and big it is ;) and i like bigger rocks more then small
8. Nope .. i dont want the doodad limit to be to high because i need doodads for other areas also
9. I will add guilds,but somewhere else,maybe some enterable building in each town (like 5 buildings tavern,stable,market,special houses,fortune tellers enz.)

And i aint a terrain-starter..

Level 6
Nonono details are important atleast for me and the people i know.
Caus when you think like that following COULD happen:

It will start with the wall, then it will be a rock that is wrong placed, then a tree a scorch and much more. And then you got a big amount of small mapping errors which will sum up and make the map bad looking.
Terraining is an Art and youre the Artist!

Level 27
Yes,and im better then you :p

Well acctualy your not right,i mean warcraft should stay a game and in my eyes the wall is totaly not wrong placed. It seems like the wall doesnt go IN the house but that it CUTS OFF at the house .. just thinking about it and searching for those things in world editor makes the game less fun for the player. Rly this map is 480x480 so you wouldnt notice all those little details because it would be to much (or little spread out over huge areas)

So that doesnt make sense,anyways like the topic says its your 'opinion' and i dont know people (only u) that look so carefully at a terrain like this. I will tell you something i am pretty perfectionistic and if i think its good its mostly good ..

Level 6
Owell different communities different peope~
Aslong as the project will be good those small problems shouldnt be your main concern i think.

And with the iam better than you, i just take it as a joke ;)

Level 8
You have too many objects clipping each other, including rocks, walls, etc.

Also the rocks are too much of an obstruction around the houses and don't look right.

And for the lovvve of god pleeease redo the steep cliffs.
Im sure you were going for the sheer drop off cliffs that you see in the everyday world, but you have to accept the realities of WE. They look extremely unnatural and some angles come out very cube shapped and also ruins the water boundary. Smooth cliff edges look better than right angles in the game and are very easy to do. Also, add more variations in the cliff heighs, even if they are miniscule, at the moment it makes that part of the terrain very flat and unnappealing.

Other than that its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.