• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Open/Close Gate Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi Everyone,

I just got back into Warcraft 3 after like 8 years. I've been playing around with the editor making my own maps and such. I have this issue where once a unit triggers the gate to open it wont close. I have it set so that once the gate is destroyed the open and close triggers no longer work (they are turned off.) I have it this way because, before the gate would re-spawn if a unit re-entered the region for open and closing the gate. Its a weird situation. So to sum it up i need to find a way to make it so the gate can be destroyed and stay destroyed, while also opening and closing.

Level 2
Look friend thats very easy.you must create a trigger to turn off that trigger opening and closing the gate.
like this=
Event=a destructible dies
condition=dying destructible equal to (your target gate)
Actions=Turn off trigger (that trigger for opening and closing door)

i tried this but when you open the gate it reads it as dead, firing that trigger to turn off the open and close.

Status
Not open for further replies.