• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Onslaught 1.01

This version features 6 new abilities, a mega-creep game mode, and many balance changes and fixes. The full changelog can be viewed here: http://www.md9.ca/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1184463803/0#0

Basically an AoS-style map, inspired by the Onslaught mode in UT2004. Two teams of up to 6 players fight for control of a network of power nodes. You win by draining your enemies Powercore.

• 6 Hero classes, based on a combination of Strength, Intelligence or Agility as primary and secondary attributes. Each class comes with 1 non-levelling class ability to help define their role.
• 6 Schools to learn new abilities for your hero. Schools require minimum levels of the 3 Hero attributes.
• Ultimate School to learn one of 15 ultimate abilities based on two regular Schools
• A network of 9 inter-connected power nodes with mana as their "energy".
• NPC creeps which spawn behind your Powercore and filter throught the network until they reach an enemy node and detonate, draining mana from it.
• 3 tiers of items to craft for your hero.
• Player controllable units and associated tech-tree.
• Towers which can be built along lanes by your hero. Creeps do not attack the towers, like a TD.

Check out http://md9.ca/onslaught for the latest version!
Contents

Onslaught 1.01 (Map)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
[APPROVED(#)] - Fun map, everyone who joined liked it but beginners seemed to drop a lot (lost 4 people on my team due to dropping). Overall it is quite well done. Some problems with ability ballence was noticed since some abilitys (noticiably the one which allowed you to lay mines) cause beginners to be fooled and should eithor be fixed or removed. I recommend changing the damaging mines from the one spell to 10% of foes hp removed (15% at lvl 2 and 20% at lvl 3) and the stun traps to have an ability to be activly detonated (allowing traps). Also the tractor beam should hold the target for the full 8 seconds dealing the damage, unless interupted, since mostly it wore off in 2 seconds of the 8 it said it should be resulting in low damage. Maybe base the initial abilities of the classes on level or a stat since some seem to become weaker late game but should remain always usefll. The units vaporising into a enemy controle point is annyoing since often enemy units lure them into it, maybe make it that if enemy units are near by their circle that opposing spawned units do not get removed untill thoes enemies are killed. Many people seemed to like this map so good work.

Level 5
I must say I was kinda sceptical at start about this map.. And the first time I tried it I was playing single player, and it took me some time to figure out how to play. I think it is advanced for beginners, but once you get a hang of it, it really gets funny. But you shuld think about balancing the skills, as one of my friends pawned everything using mines. It is an original and fun idea, and you have executed it well, so good job! It has alot of options, and even though I didn't try the map in all ascepts (Played it around 4 times, focusing on different tactics), It all seems interesing. This is great work, so be proud of it! :)[8]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The mines are actually weak, a good ranged hero never gets hit by them since he folows BEHIND a army of spawns which trigger the mines, not hurting the ranged hero. Also that is what highered troops are for, they can be used as mine sweaps around tactical positions. Finaly I had 10 mines blow up at this one heroes face and it lost under 25% hp (unfair). Mines should deal HP based damage AND not be able to kill a hero (no reduction below 1 hp) as to stop mining tactical locations killing ranged heroes from a far and to make them more potent against tank builds (1250+ hp and 10+ armor).