• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One Hit Harvest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What DeathChef said, with a bit more elaboration.

You must edit the Harvest (Gold and Lumber) ability that worker units have. In there, you can edit these three values:

Data - Damage to Tree
Data - Gold Capacity
Data - Lumber Capacity

Set the Damage to Tree value to some ridiculous height (like 500) and your peasants (or other workers) will chop the tree in one go. Also, set your Lumber Capacity higher so that they can carry all the wood. I'm not sure what the "health" of trees is though, which would be handy to know if you want them to carry exactly one tree.

By the way, if you still want other workers to be able to harvest normally, you can make a new ability like Super Harvest (Gold and Lumber), and make your "super workers" use that.

Level 29
What DeathChef said, with a bit more elaboration.

You must edit the Harvest (Gold and Lumber) ability that worker units have. In there, you can edit these three values:

Data - Damage to Tree
Data - Gold Capacity
Data - Lumber Capacity

Set the Damage to Tree value to some ridiculous height (like 500) and your peasants (or other workers) will chop the tree in one go. Also, set your Lumber Capacity higher so that they can carry all the wood. I'm not sure what the "health" of trees is though, which would be handy to know if you want them to carry exactly one tree.

By the way, if you still want other workers to be able to harvest normally, you can make a new ability like Super Harvest (Gold and Lumber), and make your "super workers" use that.

He said, 10-20-30-40-50 so a research is needed...

Level 7
Are you sure that's what he meant? I thought it was just numbers, depending on the HP of trees...

Level 7
In that case, there would be a slight problem. I know how to upgrade the amount of lumber he carries (Lumber Harvest Bonus) but I can't seem to find a way to increase the damage to trees...

Maybe if you used the Ability Level Bonus effect? Then you could just have multiple Harvest (Gold and Lumber) levels, each one allowing the peasant to chop and carry more wood (i.e. having higher Damage to Tree and Lumber Capacity values).

Level 7
...And the thread starter is dead.

No, just offline. He'll be back soon enough to give us all +rep :p

Oh yeh and also I suggest using the ability Harvest (Goblin Shredders lumber) as that only can target trees as he said he wants it for lumbering, nothing to do with gold :p.
Also no need to say whatever I said already as there is no need:p

Well I just thought to elaborate, since you didn't specify which ability to do this in (or that it was an ability at all).

And Harvest (Goblin Shredders Lumber) is a good suggestion, unless of course he also wants them to be able to harvest gold as well.

Level 7
Can't you just research it with a structure? Just like how you would upgrade gold harvesting, or attack power, or something? But then instead, you upgrade the ability's level.

Or is that still impossible without triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.